Chapter 1 / Daycare

"Hey there sweetie, are you ready for daycare?"

"Yes momma!"

Holding her mom's hand tightly while heading out of the house. Little Ash is now ready for his first time at day care.

"Momma is there gonna be toys there?"

"Yep sweetie a lot and you can also try to find a new friend there too"

"I like having friends...what are friends?"

She chuckles," friends are people who you like to be around and play with"

"Oooooooooh," excitedly jumping up and down since this was his first time at daycare.

As they get there the daycare worker opens the door for them and lets them in. Welcoming Ash and taking him by his hand he says goodbye to his mom.

"Goodbye momma"

"Goodbye Ashie, now remember no biting, no nipping and especially no chasing people in your wolf form"

"Okay momma"

As Ash's mom leaves to go somewhere, the daycare worker starts to bring him into the playroom with all the other children. There were humans, beast-kins, elves and other races there too but only one person caught little Ash's eye.

A small child with fluffy ears and a tail was sitting alone in a corner reading a book. Amused by the lonely creature he walks over to him and greets him.

"Hi there my nam-"

Even before finishing the sentence the kid jumped, hissed and then hid in a cubbie. Ash who was undoubtedly hurt by this tried to give it another shot and approached him again.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you"

The boy still in the cubbie looked at Ash for a second and then slowly approached him. Ash being Ash took this as a win and grabbed his ear...well tried to at least.

The moment Ash grabbed the 'ear' his hand went through it like it didn't exist.

"Wha-"

And then got scratched on the hand. But Ash didn't cry, no in fact he just go more fascinated and tried touching his ears again. The boy now covering his so called ears and ran away from the pup. Only to be chased like prey as Ash got into wolf from and pinned the boy down on the ground.

Getting scared the boy shifted into a cat and ran off again. Now there was a wolf chasing after a cat in the daycare which inevitably stopped by a daycare worker snatching them both up.

"Hey kids play nice now"

Shifting back the children they clung onto the worker. Only to be scolded and also told off the boy for scratching Ash.
The boy started to tear up and and whimpered a sorry and ran back to his corner. Ash seeing how cute the boy was went back to him and starts talking a one sided conversation.

"Hi again"

"..."

"You like reading books huh?"

"..."

"Yeah me too they are great"

"I-Is your hand ok?"

Shocked and also joyful that he replied back Ash responded with something Ash would definitely say.

"Yep and it's gonna be fine since you can lick it for me later"

"Ew no"

Ash whimpers," Why not?"