Chapter 8 / Showing off?

[ Xin's POV]

It was really starting to bother me, like can you all look anywhere else but here!?

My heart was pounding very fast, this is way too much attention than I liked. Ash sensed this and started to hold my hand while I was shaking behind him.

"Alright that's enough everyone get back to what you are doing!" Lia yelled from behind us. Now because she didn't warn me beforehand I jumped and almost tripped both Ash and me.

Already knowing how I would react he started to pull me gently to his chest and I sniffed his scent for comfort. I don't care if everyone can see us, I just need to calm down or else it'll affect my mentality for the rest of the day.

Everyone went back to talking with eachother and then both Lia and Gray (the werewolf tester) asked us to follow them to a separate place.

Despite the hall being extremely big the part of it we went too was unusually empty. As if it was reserved for certain people. That's when my brain clicked and all the pieces were in order.

This side of the hall were for the endorsed and the rest were for the average people. I think that's a bit harsh though, why couldn't we just mingle with the others?

As if she read my thoughts Lia replied with," the reason why we have you guys seperated is because in the past some of the endorsed were lost in the crowd and it got really frustrating for the testers to find them. Well that and also the endorsed get a bit of a verbal warfare after a while."

I nodded my head because it made sense, well a bit of it. There was many other options that could be done if that was the reason, oh well no use wondering about it now.

When we finally got to the area it was marked with a rectangle on the ground. Lia and Gray made a symbol in the air and passed through and so did we.

They explained it was a sound proof barrier so we couldn't hear what the rest were saying and they couldn't hear us.

My heart beated faster this time noticing that there was other people here other than us. Ah I can't take this anymore!

"Oh are these the other endorsed that we scouted out last year?". The man who said it wore something like a detectives outfit, he had this vibe about him that set me on edge it was weird.

"Shouldn't you already know Sherlock?". A smile emerged from his face and then nodded. "Indeed these aren't, newly found ay? Glad you guys could make it here."

When he looked at me in particular I felt something send shivers down my spine and I was instantly hit with a wave of dizzyness. I almost fell if it wasn't for Ash holding me back up.

"What did you do to him!" Ash growled at the man. The man only chuckled and then a hint of interest was in his eyes. "Well well well I would've never thought I've seen the day, someone my artifact couldn't penetrate through"

Explanation now in order:

Artifact name: Info breaker

Details: Contact lenses, has the ability to instantly know who the person is and what abilities they might have no matter what deceptions were used.

Ranking: A+

"I'm a bit suprised that there was an artifact that could nulify my own, only a few so far has been found with that ability." He placed his hand on my shoulder despite the warning growl from Ash. "Oh relax will ya? Don't worry both of you will become great people in the future" he grinned and then walked to a young girl who I presumed was his own endorsement.