Chapter 11 / Lunch with Friends

[Ash's Pov]

Oh my goddess. Xin can be strong whenever he want to be. I know he is anxious and all but he didn't have to nearly choke me to death!

After I gave Xin his goodnight kiss I go back to the lunchroom. I already knew most of the people's names there. I even made friends with both Zack and Dan already.

Of course that was before Blaze came into he room and hurt Dan for being an omega. Damn dude was so rude. I couldn't give him a piece of my mind because Xin stopped me.

Must listen and protect mate no matter what.

Thank you for the advice Alex. I would honestly not regret beating him to a pulp, but then again I don't want to get in trouble.

"So that person was also one of the endorsed?" Lisa asked. She used to live in the sanctuary but an accident happened so she was forced to be raised in the academy.

You can tell she was from the north neighbourhood because of her blonde hair and pale skin. Another thing I learned from the others was that their eye colour actually represent their most compatible element.

She had light blue eyes so she must have an affinity to ice. Her whole ummm, what's the word. Demeanor, I think, has this high and mighty vibe.

"Yep, that's my mate Xin. He gets tired a lot so he went to sleep just now,". Xin has always been sleepy. It might be because he is a cat shifter.

"Well he must be extra tired after that. That must've taken quite a bit of mana to perform,". A lot of people have nods and then also faces of awe.

"He must be very talented if he pulled that spell off. It was so beautiful and powerful too!" Anna said. Anna was also raised in the academy. Her story was that her parents had to take on a difficult mission that could take years so she had to be left to the academy.

She had this weird ceremonial robe going on. The robe itself was white but her pants are red in colour.

"Tell me Ash? How many spells did he use in one go?" Gov asked. Gov was one of the 10 endorsed that got included today, along with me and Xin.

Gov was a self proclaimed scientist. He was a dwarf. Instead of being good with forging he instead excels at alchemy and science. He is really interested in magic mostly, Xin would definitely love to chat with him.

"Knowing how Xin's power works myself, he used three,". When those words left my mouth, almost everyone dropped their mouth open.

"Three!? Is that possible? I mean I heard people using two spells at once but three! Without even using his artifact too," Emilia screeched. I had to cover my ears for that and the many many questions from everyone else.

The only person that didn't ask was Shadow. He was a dragon shifter and was mute. He just stared blankly before a look of shock.

He was one of the sad ones. He was an orphan from the south neighborhood before getting found by one of the overseers. I believe he signed it was number 4.

"It is possible for me to use multi-spells as well but I need the help of my artifact to do so,". The one who spoke was Jaqlin. She is an android created within the academy.

The androids are a new race that is exclusive to the academy. They have a human like appearance and they have emotions as well. The only thing that makes them different is that their artifacts are usually softwares.

"Ok so that's nice and all but uhm, are we gonna ignore that fact that they are fucking mates!" Zach shouted across the room as he took a pudding from a counter.

Emilia snatched the pudding from Zach and then sat down. "Since you two are guys, whose the sub?" She asked.

"Well it's obviously Xin. I mean the dude was practically sniffing him like he was about to hump him-" Zach got a punch in the gut by his sister and then silently sat down, face down.

"You should know better than to assume! It's really rude ya know,". Xin would also get along with Emilia.

"I can only tell you some bits and parts of his power. Since even I'm not sure how his power works,". His power is very unique. Even without the power of his artifact [Warm Heart]. He is able to pull off a lot of high leveled magic. Especially because he is a shifter.

I told everyone how Xin's power works, the same way he told me. He called it 'Simplest way to explain to a dummy'. I know I should be offended but I kinda find it adorable.

Xin can imagine something and it will become reality. The more he uses it, the more it becomes easier to use. He can also modify the spell however he likes. His limitations are things he can't imagine or are too big of an imagination.

I believe he once called it a Hereditary ability. And judging by everyone's looks they are shocked about it.

"What kinda op power is that!? I've never heard of such a thing. The dude might as well be a fucking god!". Zach got punched again. Emilia whispered something about 'strike three' under her breath.

"So we have another one with a Hereditary ability? Perfect, he fits right in with Lisa and Sasha," Anna said. Sarah was the one who healed Dan and me.

She was a siren and I guess her Hereditary ability had to do something with her voice. Lisa was a bit of a mystery since I haven't seen what she can do yet.

"Are Hereditary abilities rare?" I asked. I honestly had no clue. "Well duh? Those are one of the strongest and rarest abilities since they were from the old gen,"

They explained to me how the old gen used hereditary abilities instead of artifacts before. But then they also explained how people who had them were treated like gods in the old gen.

"It's only natural considering artifacts don't exist to the old gen," Sarah explained.

Man all this talking is making me sleepy. Welp since our first day is meant to get to know eachother, I think I did that quite well. Xin on the other hand is gonna freak out.

Poor thing was so nervous. Once he gets his confidence he will so too embarrassed to even look into people's eyes. Not that he does anyway.

I said goodbye to the others and headed towards our dorm room. It's convenient that lunchroom is the middle door of the main lounge.

I went into the room to find Xin still sleeping and his clothes on the floor. I guess he did just hear an explosion and woke up. I went beside him and hugged him.

I think he sensed me because he immediately let go of his pillow and started to hug me.

How adorable. Yeah he sure is. We must protect him no matter what. Got it Alex!

You betcha.

___________________________________________

A/n: hello hello, back with another chapter for you. Stuff was happening here but it's all good now.

Weekly uploads are back on track.