Chapter 3 / Mate

[Pov unlocked]

[Pov set to: Ash]

*2 years later*

Man Xin has gotten used to his artifact. The flame even changed colour. No wonder everyone is so impressed with him.

But nowadays he doesn't even try anymore and it makes me kinda worry for him. I hope it wasn't something I did.

"What are you thinking about?" I looked at when he asked.

"Nothing much. Just that did I do something to make you upset?" I said with a frown.

To my suprise he immediately got up and held my face with both his hands.

"I would never ever be upset with you, you might be a mutt sometimes but you will always be my loving pup"

I wasn't sure whether that was an insult or a compliment. But at least it wasn't me that made him upset.

"So why are you upset? Usually you would play with your fire and smile"

"Oh it's because I got tired of smiling, it hurts keeping it on for too long and I'm not using my fire because I got bored of it"

Bored? Him? With an artifact no less? The thing that he always wanted after seeing what those things could do when we were young?

"Who are you?"

He laughed and just replied with a grin. I replied with my own also cursing for him tricking me into doing it too. It wasn't my fault he is just too cute.

"So you finally get your own artifact now huh?"

"I guess but it won't be as cool as yours is, afterall most artifacts that werewolves get could only enhance physical strength"

Don't get me wrong I'm glad if I got an artifact but I also wanted powers that could be beautiful to people like art. After all that's what Xin and I hoped for. Beautiful powers.

I turned to him and spoke half-jokingly.

"Imagine if u got an artifact that could bend space and time, wouldn't that he cool?"

"Pffft that would be way cooler than just my fire show, which I still haven't come up with a way to pretend I'm a novice"

"You got the potential why hide it?"

"Because my nut brained pup, is that there are so many responsibilities when showing to be an astounding talent"

I made a low growl. He knew I didn't understand some words but that didn't make me a nut brain...did it?

"And before you think it's because you didn't know what 'astounding' meant, it's because you keep irritating me with dumb questions"

"Hey I said a fair question!"

"You said 'is water wet'! My whole freaking mind went poof the moment you said it and I still can't get it out of my mind"

I don't understand, he says I'm the nut brain but he can't even answer my question.hmph!

"Uh Ash?"

Turning around and stared him in the eyes with my most powerful puppy dog eyes.

"What is it?"

"Look up"

"Wha-"

I looked up and I was shocked. It hasn't even been my birthday yet but I could see my artifact right there.

It looked like a floating mini moon, it slowly floated towards me and I reached out my hand to grab it.

My mind went blank, all the sounds were lost and I couldn't even hear Xin shouting at me.