How mates work for shifters

I just realised I might've messed up about the mate thing. So basically lemme explain a bit.

In this world instead of the usual I feel super horny at either age 16 or 18. Kids above 10 had their wolf senses heightened therefore allowing them to find their mate early.

The reason behind this is because after lady Luna made a contract with certain people, she made it so this was the case to prevent heart breaks and or lonely lives.

This only applies to new gens since the old gens were abandoned by all gods, including their own.

There are 3 stages for the mating process.

Stage 1 is when they are around 11 to 14, which is when they want to always protect their mate and give them ultimate comfort. (Like making a little nest made out of pillows/ I find it quite cute)

Stage 2 is the clingy phase around 15 to 17, basically they stay by their mates side most of the time and growl a bit to those who step over the boundaries even by a little.

Stage 3 is basically what most usual werewolf reader stories expect. To those that don't know wellllllll.
(A lot of bonks to the fools in horny jail)
Oh and also that's when they activate their heat.

If a wolf doesn't find their mate yet, they still have to undergo the regular processes of the stages. Even the age gap will not be affected.

For a example a mate bonding of a 14 and a 15 year old. The 14 old wolf will always asks if anything is wrong and does whatever they can to help the 15 old wolf feel better. In return the 15 old wolf will be extremely protective of their mate.

This basically sums it up so if anyone has any questions please bring it up to me and I'll try my best to reply to them

Edit: Yes bxb and gxg can make babies together, this world is divided with dominants and submissives, and before you think it's the usual stereotypical, cutesy and strong looking people it is not.

Dominants are basically those who can impregnate their partners while submissives can bear a child, this is regardless of gender for both sides.

Hope you enjoy the story