Chapter 2 / Artifact

[Pov unlocked]

[Pov now set to: Xin ]

*7 years later*

"Xiiiiiiiiiin"

"What do you want?"

"My mom is asking if you want to come over for dinner tonight"

"Sure but let me tell my parents first, since they like keeping in touch every now and then"

"Yaaaaaay"

It has been a long time since I met Ash but I'm grateful to have a friend like him. After all he is my personal bodyguard, although I can take care of myself nonetheless.

I was going back home with him when he asked that question. Why would I turn down free food.

My mom and dad were away for the week, they said they had to do something so now I'm living on my own for now.

Although it has been lonely, at least I have Ash here with me.

Following him to his house, I was greeted by his mom and I returned her kindness as such.

He has been inviting me over to his house for sometime now. It felt awkward at first but now I know I can comfortably sit back and relax.

For werewolves, they have surprisingly good taste buds. Apparently only the old gen werewolves still eat raw.

Disgusting but it was what they had to do to survive during the wars. This place was peaceful as if everything was a dream.

Ash and I went to the living room to watch TV waiting for the food to be done. We even played some games on our consoles too.

Once we reach 14 we will have to enroll at Azure academy. It was was both exciting and terrifying. Meeting new people, taking tests and also making a name for yourself.

But the most exciting fact of when we reach 14 is that we get our own artifacts. And I have to admit, all I can think about it how I'm going to make people smile with it.

"Hey Xin you're day dreaming again"

I snap back to reality and see that I lost the combat game we were playing.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about when we reach 14"

" Ah well that's what you are excited about, I'm excited about knowing my mate"

It was a thing I learned from Ash recently. Werewolves would suddenly become more active and try to find their mate at 11 and up years old.

I find it quite odd though, why would you go for a love someone chose for you instead of maturing that love yourself.

"Hey Ash?"

"Ye Xin"

"When you find your mate, does that mean you won't spend as much time with me anymore?"

I know it's a ridiculous question since I didn't want to disturb his love life but he was my only friend, I just couldn't help feel a bit envious.

"Mmmm you might not have to worry about that since even if I find my mate I'll still be close to you"

"What's that suppose to-"

"Boys! Time for chow"

As Ash's mom calls for us, we got up and went to the dining table and started to eye the food as if we were starved for days.

I had to sit with a pillow underneath me since I was small for my age. But I'll grow it's just that werewolves are naturally large.

Before eating, Ash and his mom both clasped both hand together and prayed to the moon goddess thanking her for their meal. It was an old school thing to do , even werewolves from the old gen rarely do it.