Chapter 4 / Training

Note: The drawing on top is Xin. I hope you are satisfied with just this for now. I can't draw on my laptop since it's broken.

Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter!
___________________________________________

[Pov: Xin]

Me and Ash haven't seen eachother lately. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, I'm not sure.

The day he got his artifact, his wolf had awakened and I think that might have activated more of his senses.

Apparently I was his mate. His one and only. I'm not gonna lie, I had feelings for him too but it still doesn't feel real.

I tried calling his phone but all he said was that he needs to continue training. Maybe I should train too.

The reason why is because both Ash and I decided to enroll at the same time. This academy isn't like any other.

To enter there must be 3 requirements:
1. Have an artifact
2. Pass the entrance exam
3. No past criminal records

The reason for the third rule is because there is not age limit to join the academy. Heck you can't even leave the academy. All the races must participate in the academy. After learning as much as they can, they decide whether to keep going to school or not.

Some people join just to meet friends and find lovers. Others join to gain knowledge and experience. While others crave the fame if they get popular.

The reason why this academy was built was to help ensure future generations how to protect themselves from the outside.

The 'outside' as people call it, is literally that. The outside of this zone. No one knows why but only new gens of the races were allowed to live here and the rest are blocked out.

Meaning if we step outside it could lead to disaster. Mostly because what we do here is different from out there.

Peace is maintained here while war is regular in the outside. It was odd, why couldn't they just settle for peace?

Sighing I decided to get up from my favourite bean bag and head downstairs of my house. I saw mom there making food and dad was no where to be seen. Probably working again.

Once my mom saw me she asked if I wanted any food. I said no because my diet was really odd. I'm not sure why but it just feels like my body knows what to eat and when to eat, and it is not right now that's for sure.

Even thinking of food makes me gag a bit. I honestly don't get why we need food to survive. I always feel like that was a flaw when people are made. But I'm not a creator, I can't exactly make people now can I.

All I really need to eat is just a few snacks for a day and then I'm good. Well except on some days...but we aren't gonna talk about that.

I head into the backyard and started stretching my arms a bit. It's been a long time since I used my artifact. I don't use it because I get bored of it sometime.

I know I was excited for my artifact but having control of a single flame is just a bit saddening. Welp here goes now or never.

I reached out my hand and aimed it towards the sky. Then an idea popped into my head. Hmmm why didn't I think of this before.

I raised both arms into the sky and I slowly focused and imagined a certain scene before me. One by one flames littered the sky as I pulled my hands away from eachother.

Now then what should I name this?

Flame barrage

Perfect! Now concentrating again. I lifted only one hand up and started to gather all the flames into a single giant ball of fire.