Karn's letter

My civil and deferential salutations to the court event administrator and the Yuvrani of Indraprastha. My heartfelt and warm wishes to the acquaintance we developed during your initial days in Hastinapur.

I respect that maybe by the lack in our conversations, since the day of your wedding with Arjun might feed your incredulous to arrival and expectation of this epistle. The last honoured jiffs of our meeting were the falling evening of your marriage and since then I was unfortunate to lose the fortune of having your acquaintance.

You are a lady of good conduct, morals and civility with a charm of woman, a man must consider himself in a luck to possess, and I always wish Arjun my best. He is my arch nemesis but that is for the battlefield and I must express my gloom at the misfortune he suffers not more than the woman in you too feels at this instance.

Despite my several attempts and core analysis, I fail to understand the losing of your friendship after I put forward my feelings to you that day but since it is only fitting for them staying in the deep graves and burn endlessly on a pyre, I wish till this day to secure myself at a place of a ‘friend’ among your highly esteemed list of confidants, friends and acquaintances. My sane conscience do understand that the proposal might have offended and hurt you but mustering my courage I shall now make you cognizant that never I did harbour any inappropriate and to the foremost uncivil sentiments as of a man struck in infatuation of a woman nurtures, towards you. From the very beginning I have always admired you for your unparalleled wit, sharp mind, tongue which doesn't speak out of the context and unnecessarily with your beauty which is so acknowledged and prevalent in the aryavrata along your remarkable mind. Often I have with my pure efforts endeavoured to fill the gap between us but was always confined.

To the degree of an acquaintance to be maintained is always a woman's choice and I believe that you never wished me to be anything more than king of Anga to you. Since you are the beloved wife of Gandivadhari Arjun now, I cannot even except anymore but for you to do not harbour any ill feelings against me for eternity. Earlier I wondered of the grim and sour behaviour towards me, now it is clear as a day to me. Indeed you must have detested me for I was your enemy too being your lover's enemy.

Simran you have been a character with much strength and forbearance that it is heart wrenching to have you bear a curse which you did not deserve at any of the time. The gods and goddesses, as soon as they are angry at us they will be granting us their mercy and I with all ardent wishes pray that you receive them soon. You are a warrior who has struggled, battled and triumphed over times and I wish you all the power and best in life.

My wives, mother and father express  their immense grief and send love, a beacon of hope of a fruitful future for Prince Arjun and his youngest wife, Parthjaya. Our condolences to the crown princess and in me you shall always find a friend to share your woes.

Enclosed is a letter from my dear wife  Vrushali.

May you have all the happiness and live in interesting times.

Karn.