Draupadi's hair oil massage

Indraprastha

I could hear the jingling of her anklets as she approaches nearer. The rich corridors of Indraprastha echoed in our voices, our anklets and my quasi jovial screams masked in laughs.

The red silk clads her goddess analogy making her dark skin glow in a slight shimmer, the bluish black tresses were loosely braided which were decorated with gold pins in flowers of dandelions at each loop, the crimson velvet robe sweeped the marble floor carved in details of sinuous mosaics. With minimal gold jewellery including earrings, waistband, nosering and bracelets highlighting her empress aura she brisk walked behind me.

“Simran this is the last time I telling you” Draupadi shouted as we turned off the pillar this time. “Panchali this is the final time I'm telling you, please leave me” I pleaded walking into the corridors.

I miss my conditioner, serums and mousse. I don't want to drown in oil. I used to hate that in kalyug too despite alternatives and here, I'm helpless. I don't want hair oiling, someone please help me.

I gave a backward glance to Panchali to estimate the pace between us trying to manage my speed, she had a victorious smirk on her bewitching face. “Why are you smiling? So is it a surrender? I am ready, please put that copper bowl aside first, onl-” I then bumped on a hard surface hearing a fit of giggles from Draupadi.

Arjun.

I was collided into Dhananjay's sculpted and broad chest refraining my hands to land on his shoulder blades acknowledging his presence, however I could feel his arm around my waist which was veiled by his ivory angavastra as I could feel embossed embroidery pressing on my midriff.

For a jiff our eyes locked and then I brusquely moved back observing the remarks on his finely structured face of this suddenness. His copper eyes oscillated from me to Draupadi with frowned brows. His lips were slightly parted of the storm rising in the corridors of his palace.

“It's better that you surrender now” Draupadi rested a hand on her lissom waist grinning both from her eyes and red stained lips. “That's unfair, you have your husband to rescue” I reasoned folding my elbows over my chest.

“Hold on, beautiful ladies. What is the matter?” Arjun raised his hands in the air taking a glimpse of the copper bowl in Draupadi's hand. As the husband and wife shared a knowing glance, I endeavoured to sneak out from the mid. “Stop” I felt Arjun's calloused palm holding my wrist.

Him holding my hand, I'm bound to experience a frisson.

“See Aarya the theatre is again here” Panchali exhaled shaking her head. “Simran” Arjun glared at me.

Shutup Simran. Get out of your deary euphoric trance. Look at them perfect in all senses.

“Look at your hair, when was the last time you oiled them?” Panchali moved her fingers in my tangled curls in a concerned fashion. “A month ago aah. . .” I mumbled in midst a shriek of the pulling of my hair. She held my hand dragging me to her chamber as I felt Arjun losing his grip off my skin.

I am here on a borrowed time. It is I who should focus on the grasp of righteousness, truth and love.

Draupadi sat down on the settee crossing her legs and I sat down on the floor pushing my knees closer to my chest. I had to surrender like always. Since the day she has discovered that I don't oil my hair, Panchali has made this protocol to oil my hair fortnightly.

“Now, I have to leave my hair like this atleast for a good hour. . .” I muttered between my teeth to earn a hit from her on my head. “Three minimum” her voice laced a command. A queenly order.

“All my best wishes, rest with you” Arjun mocked loudly exiting from infront of the doorpost of chamber. I took a narrowed glimpse of him from my corneas. I sat down there waving a white flag on the queen's attack with my frowned brows and curled lips only to display my disinterest.

A few moments later. . .

“Your hands are magic Panchali” my lips chanted her praises as she moved her fingers in my hair with swift codes. “Aarya Bheem loves it too. Infact when he's tired or his body aches of his practices after wrestling then-” Panchali blurted only to get embarrassed later.

I turned my head smirking at the queen whose condition was as bashful as a newly wed. “ehrm” I cleared my throat disguising my teases at regular intervals. I chuckled in between a squeal when she pinched my forearm.

“And what does your Aarya Sahdev loves?” I asked wiping my hairline of the dripping oil. “The betel leaves in specific proportions I prepare” she said rubbing her hands together of the warm oil. “And when you place that paan in his mouth with your own hands” I teased further.

“What about your Aarya Yudhisthir?” I questioned closing my eyes savoring the head massage. “He loves it when I lead. . .” I moved my eyes towards her in an impish fashion with hints of shock obviously due to her openness. “What? Oh Simran! I meant taking lead to solve the finances!” She looked like a freshly ripe red tomato.

Ehrm maybe, but who knows” I chuckled as I could feel her rolling her eyes in extreme sheepish manner. “Anyways what about others?” I enquired further picking up a berry from the spruce table beside.

Aarya Nakul finds it divine when I spent hours infront of the mirror, not doing anything just admiring myself. He says I look like a goddess when I do so” Draupadi bent her figure slightly on her right looking herself in mirror placed on the opposite side at the dresser. “Nakul is a narcissist, I'm telling you” I added in a mouthful of berries. “What exactly have you been doing now?” She caught me staring at my reflection in the copper salver in which the berries were kept.

What about Arjun then? What does he loves about her?

“And Arjun?” I crossed my legs to listen attentively this time. I don't know but I wanted to listen to that secret which has intoxicated him off his senses.

Aarya Arjun just stares at me with intense adoration. He says I look fiercely authoritative when I roll the parchments in the court. He says I look exquisitely endearing when I laugh on jokes. He says I look like a commanding soldier when I catch Aarya Nakul looking at his reflection on the courtroom mirror carvings. He says I look like a saintly spirit when I analyze what is going on in Aarya Sahdev's mind without him even speaking. He just takes his time to absorb every thin layer of me in those attentively focused eyes”

Draupadi sighed coming out from the rhapsody. “An archer, who he is” she completed braiding my hair in an entirely intricate loop.

Eyes. Archer. Stares

“Eyes Panchali. He pierced the eye of that fish in swayamvar. And now he just wants to pierce your heart and soul with those deep copper eyes” Getting up from the marble floor, I just dared to add my theory slouching on the settee.

Panchali nodded lowering her gaze in shyness. Her face was in a similar hue of the red silk she was wearing.

“I will be back, just need to look into the final records of the south western kingdoms, it is time for the meeting already” Draupadi looked at the sand hourglass. She called upon her few handmaids to prepare for ornaments and freshening up arrangements.

“Best friend to Empress” she sang before exiting from the chamber. "I'd love it if you stay as an empress all the time, I don't have to swim in oils then” I lowly mumbled the last part in contrast to the initial announcement.

Her queenly strides, her lioness gaits, her rosy lips in curve, her eyes as flames of fire - pure and warm.

Arjun can't help but would get smitten by this damsel because she is much more than just a pulchritudinous beauty.

She made me realize that love isn't about just holding hands. It is helping them getting out of the ways if it demands. It's taking in as foremost of action just in the motivation of his belief in you. It's knowingly doing something for their simple smile. It's listening to their silence and understanding. It's allowing them to observe and absorb you.

It's all about the rhythm and craving for existence of that person and not only presence.