My blue best friend

" Chodke apne kashi mathura
chodke apne kashi mathura
aake baso more nain
tum bin paun kaise chain
Kanha,
tarsu tumhi ko din rain
Manmohana..... "

I was interrupted by sugar voices in my veneration. The dusk was rising in the golden hour, with the brass lamp scintillating as it reflected the sun's rays entering my chamber from the window.

"Vasudev?" Shatanik spoke with scrunched brows. "Why are you worshipping him?" Sutasom added while his gaze was fixed at the kheer placed in the copper bowl. The kids were confused and curious for all many reasons.

What should I tell you now boys?

"Please continue! I rushed here to listen to your melodious hymn!" Suthanu stood panting at the doorpost of chamber. "Come inside first junior Panchali!" I gestured her to get inside while giving a light hit on Sutasom's hand who tried to scoop in some kheer.

"Sutasom you should know that is for prasad!" the eldest son of Pandavas walked in with his aura reflecting his father.

This chase has been going on from a long time, and these smart offsprings of Pandavas have finally discovered the deity I worship daily in the evening.

Krishna himself is a part - part or whole?

He himself is a big whole of this epic. How do I tell them that this blue colored sand body casted in a mighty and sculpted structure, draped in a pitambar and orange angavastra with gold ornaments, a red turban on his head with a peacock feather flowing in zephyr, resting a wooden flute on his bow shaped lips is -

Omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient.

"He is powerful, wise, strong, clever, intelligent, endearing, lovely, beautiful, famous, invincible, a leader, philosopher too. He is the king of Dwarka and also a cowherd. He is our fathers' cousin. He is our mother's best friend. Conventional morality say that he is blessed with 64 qualities and attributes. He is known to-" Prativindhya's words were stopped by his sister.

"Bhrata Prativindhya, all of us know this. I just want to hear that mesmerizing song" Suthanu chirped as all off them surrounded me like I was honey.

"Suthanu let Prativindhya speak, he was about to arrive at the point" I pulled her cheeks eventually she grinned like a chesire cat. Her smile is analogous to Draupadi.

"No Simran! Even I was coming to the query, undertaking all these qualities he is venerable but then, all of this in realistic terms. . ." Prativindhya sounded peculiar in his statement. Yudhishthir, when he sounds confused, rarities, but, it is usual sometimes.

"I've even heard that he is mystical and illusive! He held the govardhan hill on his little finger, he has also protected his villagemen from various demons and bad men!" Sutasoma jumped in this time settling his plump face in his palms. Splitting image of Bheem, when you deny him some food.

"People in Vrindavan, Brij, Gokul, Mathura, Dwarka and other parts of Aryavarta, think of him as an incarnation of Narayan too. Look at the prosperous and pulchritudinous city he built in a snap, it's unusual and mysterious either way! But then the question - Why do you worship him? Is he really Narayan?" Shatanik's baritone laced an interrogation. Typical Nakul, Pulchritudinous!

These kids are themselves oblivious, the questions are rhetoric!

I raised my gaze at the divine idol of the lord, which was established in a small temple at the northern side of my chamber. The iron structure of scarlet colour had pillars and domb with lotus carved at them. The sheer ivory curtains were embellished with diamante sequins which were tied at each corresponding pillar.

Inside it the blue colored cowherd graced the miniature shrine. A diya flickered in the front with its warm flame, aromatic incense of jasmine enthralled the air, the kumkum and sandalwood paste was kept adjacent to the parijat, kumud and vaijyanti flowers of white colors.

"What do you mean by worship? And why do we worship?" I presented another question.

They looked at me with a still faces! Their doe eyes turned more wide and their soft lips parted. Panchali! They're a carbon copy of you when they get perplexed!

"Faith and belief! You've complete trust over your parents. Right? When you love, respect, have trust, faith, belief and devotion in someone who calms your soul to ataraxia- you tend to sacrifice yourself for them. Worshipping is not offering flowers, fruits or sweets, its not about lighting diya without fail, its not about singing hymns and chants in praise of that person. It's your individuality, that gets indulged in that spirit of your eternal existence, not in materials but abstracts. It's remembering him midst your busy and daily schedule, it's all about having credence and optimism. Faith in someone is, aesthete, salvation, purification and modification, stabilizing your terms and choices. I believe in Krishna. He has always been my savior, tranquility in sangfroid, sunrays in overcast and love to your heart. So I worship him!"

"Actually worship is love, when you love someone you forget yourself in their devotion, it's worship."

Prativindhya curved his lips in a smile, satisfactory according to my comprehension.
'I agree!' Shatanik said in frivolity.
'He loves kheer, that is why you're giving him kheer. As a token of love?' Sutasom said gazing out at the bowl of kheer.
'And that song, it's for his praise! Like I do when I want something from Mata. Am I right?' Suthanu spoke in a thinking expression.

Actually no, but, yes!

After such speech and preaching, was I able to understand the aspect of worship myself?

Does that mean every one has their different dimensions of lord and devotion?

Either way, you can't elucidate the core of this maze. It's all about your faith and belief, most importantly love.

After the veneration, when the kids savored kheer on Suthanu's request I continued the song.

" Mein hoon tumhari hai tumhara yeh mera jeevan,
tumko hi dekhun main
dekhun koi darpan
bansi ban jaungi in hothon ki ho jaungi.....
in sapnon se jalthal
hai mera mann angan
hain mera mmmm.... "