"Pitamaha"

Twang! Swish! Thud! Thwap!

"Marvellous!" The voice itself was an epitome of dedication and purity, the hoarseness and commanding nature compacted the environment around the weaponry.

We looked over our shoulders finally turning around at the entrance of this venerating figure standing with his sturdy and broad arms resting on his waist. Arjun's face beamed with a lustre of esteem. He moved towards him and bent down to touch his feet.

You make me reminiscent of that person whom I shall always be grateful for !

He looked behind Arjun with a proud feeling curving his lips in a smile and bleary eyes brimming with adoration. I walked towards him as he approached me praising the shot with his heart warming strides and a slight nod. I bent to touch his feet transferring the bow in my other hand. I folded my hands as the riser of the bow was in the mid of my palms. He placed his calloused hand over my head heaving a sigh of affection.

"Pranipat Maha...Pita- Pitamah!" I was still in practice for the address. "Blessed be Putri. That was an amazing shot!" He patted my head pointing his hand at the husk circle marked with a red cross where my arrow rested, right at the centre of where two lines intersected.

Deluged in white silk and silver ornaments and a crown of the uniform metal. His appearance was beyond what my scanty eyes could behold. White, was not just in his angavastra and fine jewels, or his white wavy locks and brows. White was his character, chastity, righteousness, piousness,virtues, dutifullness, humility, commitment and care for his family.

Sometimes love, duty and commitment can lead to us in a situation where we are caught in the horns of dilemma!

"Putra Arjun! I must say you've taught her really well!" Pitamah said looking over at his grandson who had his hands wrapped behind his back. "She's a fast learner!" Arjun gladly replied looking hayware at me. "How about a friendly spar my dear?" Pitamah suggested picking up a spare bow from the arsenal. I was struck at the unexpected and unusual demand of the prestigious member of the kuru clan. "Oh! No! No! Never! Excuse me for the daring, I already apologize but I can't! I cannot even imagine- it's" Bhishma Pitamaha was heard into a fit of laughter. "It is fine. But, you do not have to underestimate yourself. I can see in the distant future you will be a skilled warrior. After all, you've chosen the best archer of time as your teacher!" I nodded still in the process of coming out the jiff when Maharathi Bhishma asked me for a spar. Our gazes raised to Prince Arjun who was now already aiming a target.

Arjun pulled the bowstring of his copperish brown bow as his arrow teared the air spilitting my striked arrow in two parts.

Why can't I just take my eyes off him when he positions his bow?

"He is adamant to make me learn this trick shot!" I said vehemently driving my trance. "It's quiet difficult, but not for him tho!" Pitamah chuckled. Arjun raised his brows in a query finding me and his grandfather sharing soft chuckles and glances.

"Nothing! Anyways, I was here to inform you Arjun that Kunti and your brothers are waiting for you leave for the Mahadev temple with them!" Pitamah informed. "I was about to leave after just correcting her elbow stances! Either way, I shall take your leave now Pitamah" Arjun folded his hands touching his grandfather's feet. "Blessed be" He spoke with a curve as I nodded in return.

"Nanaji! How can you wake up this early?" I asked rubbing my eyes handing him a cup of tea. "Because, the time madrugada is meant for the God's grace and blessings for us, the humans. Your wish might also come true!" He said patting my head as I yawned. "Remember 'Early bird..." He sipped the hot tea which I had prepared with proportions. ".....takes the worm!" I completed the phrase sipping the tea from my cup as I joined in another phrase "Also, Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man...." He tapped my shoulder to halt my words ".... healthy, wealthy and wise!"