Day out with Dwarkadheesh

Dawns in Dwarka are elysian.

As if the fresh breeze embracing through rays of sun declares cockerel's calling. The virescent green swathes are illuminating in golden sparkles perforating through velvety clouds lurching around the azure sky. The orange beams fall on the fuschia buds potted inside my chamber kept on the windowsill I am leaning on, captivated by the Lord's own city.

"If you are planning to jump down inform me before hand, I shall then command the guards to place layers of fluff mattresses beneath"

Krishna playfully speaks from the doorpost as one of his hands rests on his waist. I look over my shoulder at the breath of this heaven on earth.

Krishna, handsome in turmeric silk dhoti and yellow angavastra intricately embroidered​ in gold threads. An abendrot colored upavstra is neatly plated on his shoulder festooned with emeralds. The gold jewels around his glowing dark body and the peacock feather is gently swaying on Dwarkadheesh's crown. An ataraxia emitting curl on his pink lips and his ever so mischievously divine eyes calm down the disastrous of calamities.

Sometimes, I feel like this isn't real. I am hallucinating. How can I stand before him, the omnipresent?

"Why would I jump? People can literally do anything to be at my place" I walk to him folding my hands and bowing down to touch his feet. As usual he interrupts the motion in between, holding me from my shoulder and shaking his head gently. "I love it when you claim your place in my heart rather than my feet" He curls his arm around my neck walking towards the window.

"What was so mesmerizing that caught your attention my dear?" Krishna's rhetorics begin as he thumbs a petal of fuschia. "Everything! It-Its just paradisiacal! It's a bright day. Look! Sunshines and breezes. Can we go out for a stroll around the city? Only if your time permits" my voice mumbles at the last sentence.

I wanted to go out and explore the city, not leaving any chance to leave myself from the blessings of this soil.

"Why do you think I have the flute with me today?" He pulls out his golden flute from his waist band swinging it between his fingers and tugs my wrist whisking me in the corridors.

"Careful!" Bhabhi Satyabhama almost stops carrying a salver of kaumudi flowers when Bhabhi Rukmini joins her holding another salver of parijat flowers. "So, where are you two rushing?" She questions with a cheshire grin. "Pranipat Bhabhi Satya Pranipat Bhabhi Rukmini we are going for an outing around the city a quasi picnic so we shall not return by the lunch apologies I love you" I inform like a recorder or a transmitter in a single breath as Krishna's honeyed laughter fills the galleries earning heavenly smiles from his wives. We brusquely walk towards the stable.

"Picnic?!" I could hear Bhabhi Satyabhama and Bhabhi Rukmini singing in unison adding more to my gaiety.

Stealing butter isn't a big deal:
"Standing here and staring at those kids in adoration won't give them what they want!" I sigh as we watch a group of kids trying to steal the pitchers of butter from the house. "It's not civility for Dwarkadheesh, once it was enthusiasm for Vrindavan's Gopal" Krishna taps his finger on my temple.

Our chariot is parked on the edge of the commoners area. The lanes are merry and blithe. Men going for their routine tasks including smiths, herders, merchants, priests, educationists and farmers. Children are busy running around the streets some in groups playing different games and others jumping in the ponds. A club of boys are thinking of a strategy to steal that earthen pot of butter hanging from the ceiling inside the storage room of the house. Women are doing household activities, from churning the butter to loading them in the carts for sale.