The Wings Theory - Origin

(BACKGROUND INFORMATION)

The Bangtan Universe (abbreviated BU) is a fictional universe created by BigHit that serves as a vehicle for storytelling. Beginning with BTS's music video, 'I NEED U' (released April 29, 2015), the members of BTS began to portray fictional characters in some of their music videos. As the storyline progressed and BTS became more successful, the storyline branched out to other platforms. As you'll see, there is BU-certified content in music videos, short films, a webtoon, a book, and the 'WINGS' music videos. BU's narrative is told out of chronological order, which makes it all the more intriguing.

The Birth of Abraxas (BUTTERFLY PROLOGUE)

Abraxas is a deity that represents good and evil, but who plays Abraxas in the story? Bennie is Abraxas. She knows that the boys need to accept growing up, but they cannot because they are childish. She knows that human nature involves good and evil characteristics, but the boys think that human nature is completely pure. Bennie knows that if they keep living in this "happy-go-lucky lifestyle," that they would all end up dead. She hated the thought of her beloved members dying. So, she killed/sacrificed herself for them by jumping off the bridge and in the 'BUTTERFLY: PROLOGUE" (instead of Taehyung) and was born again as Abraxas. The boys think that human nature is completely pure and that it's nothing but a utopian ideal, and they think they live in a perfect society, and Bennie knows that does not exist.

Abraxas triggered a lot of things.

Jungkook's car accident, Yoongi's suicidal thoughts and recklessness, Hoseok's substance abuse, Jimin's depression, Namjoon's hidden sadness, Taehyung's inability to live on, and most importantly, Jin's inability to live on. It's definitely tough love that she's using against them. It's her love or affectionate concern expressed in a stern or unsentimental manner (as through their psychological battles) to help promote the realization that human nature is not perfect.

Bennie's sacrifice was the beginning of their journey to learn how to love themselves.

 She exposes them to evil so they can understand that human nature consists of both good and evil. Thus, she is the main cause of their psychological battles. But it is the joy that comes with completing the journey that makes them finally realize and accept that their nature consists of both good and evil.

The belief that human nature is pure. (I NEED U, RUN)

The boys in these eras are still in their childish, innocent state. This is the state that they realize that evil exists globally, and it's heartbreaking for them. The main idea here is that human nature is pure. This is what the boys believed back then. They believed that they can grow up and mature and still not be influenced by the evil and the sins committed around them.

The realization that the world has evil in it. (I NEED U, RUN)

Realizing that the world consists of evil, the boys are going through a hard time. Bennie calls them to say goodbye to their absolute, pure state and accept evil as normality. This idea is so foreign and negative that they resolve to be in pain and try everything to ease the pain of knowing that the world has an evil (depression, committing sins, pills, etc.). However, the boys see that the world is full of evil, but they cannot accept it naturally. They do not want to forsake their pure nature.

Withstanding temptation because of the understanding that you cannot be completely pure. (BLOOD SWEAT, AND TEARS)