The Lions Den

All of the members knew Bennie had always wanted a studio to herself ever since she learned how to compose music and since the other rappers, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon, already had one. She, too, wanted a place to work without having to disturb the others.

She asked Bang PD about it once, but he just dismissed her and replied with, "maybe later, I'm busy now." She never asked him again after that because she didn't want to bother him any further.

However, he did tell her that one day, all of the boys, excluding Bennie gathered up in a meeting with Bang PD to discuss getting Bennie and the studio for herself.

It turns out. Bang PD was more than happy to make one for her. He knew how hard a worker she was, and he thought it would be the perfect reward.

So, the boys kept quiet for a month. Bennie wasn't that talkative since they wanted to hide that her studio was secretly being built behind her back. They talked to her here and there, but that was about it. Bennie really didn't think much of it.

After some time, Bennie went to the company to Namjoon's studio "Rkive" to work on some beats on his computer. When she reached his studio, she knocked on his door a bit before speaking up.

"Hey Joonie Oppa, can I use your computer for a bit, please?" She said quietly and waited until she heard a faint "come in" from inside the room.

She quietly opened the door and walked in. "You can use the computer." Namjoon gestured a hand towards the monitor in front of his desk. "Are you...gonna be here for a while?"

Bennie nodded. "Yes, but it's ok if you need to use the computer, I can just go ask Yoongi Oppa or Hobi Oppa."

"No, no, take as much time as you need. I won't be here much today." Namjoon assured her, replying to her quickly

"Ok, thank you!" Bennie thanked him before sitting on his rolling chair and started getting to work.

For their new album, a suggestion was made regarding solo songs. Or at least some collaborations with others in the group. It was a given that the rap line would make a new rap, and probably the vocal line, but each member was expected to do something different. Bennie spent hours sitting at the computer in Namjoon's studio, wondering what I could do. She planned to do a duet with Jungkook, but truthfully, she wanted to submit her own solo song.

One day Bennie crept into Yoongi's room one night when she knew he was at the studio and took Namjoon's old laptop he kept 'just in case' something would happen to his new computer. He wouldn't mind that she took it out of his studio, just as long as his new computer didn't break down. Bennie smiled to herself as she sat down in front of the producing and composing software inside of Yoongi's studio and played out some of the beats.

Before long, Bennie had a nice sound to compliment the lyrics that she wrote. She saved the progress into a flash drive before getting into bed after seeing the clock hit 1 am. Jin would be angry at her if I jeopardized my health for songwriting. 

It took Bennie about a week to finish the rough composition. She wasn't sure about it, but she thought after adding the vocals that it sounded okay. Bennie took a deep breath and saved the file to a thumb drive before closing Namjoon's computer. Tomorrow she would visit Yoongi and show him her rough draft for criticism.

It took some time, and lots of mental preparedness before Bennie was even ready to go to the Genius Lab. 

Then, there she was. Standing outside the door, on top of his middle finger, cat doormat for at least five minutes, second-guessing herself before hesitantly ringing his doorbell. The door unlocked, and she opened it to see the entire rap line going over songs for the album.