The First Win

On April 30th, the MCs announced the BTS members to be nominees for the 2015 Mnet Countdown Awards.

Of course, this was huge news to the members of BTS because they were still seen as a "newer group" and had never won an award under their name before.

Bennie was absolutely exuberant when Bang PD-nim announced to the members that they would have the opportunity to get their first win.

On the day of the award show, the members all arrived wearing matching black suits as they walked down the red carpet.

 As the members all walked out, they tagged a few lucky hands of some ARMY as they stood with one of the interviewers.

"BTS, based on the mood, it seems like you've gotten more mature." One of the interviewers commented

"Yes, before we were in our teens and produced albums focused on the theme of school, this album is produced with the theme of matured youth," Namjoon explains. "So, that's why the mood is a bit different, and it's also natural."

"Mood being different is a very good thing. We think of strong performances once we think of BTS. Did you tone that down a bit?" The interviewer questioned

"No, it's absolutely not toned down. It's actually even more powerful. We were afraid everyone would think that, so we especially prepared this." Bennie answered, defending herself and the boys.

 The paparazzi took pictures of them as they entered the venue and took their seats.

...

As the members walked into the venue, they watched a few performances before going backstage to get into their stage outfits and apply their stage makeup.

For their comeback stage, the members lay down on the floor. Bennie was in between Jimin and Namjoon. The members were all wearing shorts with white shirts except for Bennie, who was wearing pants and black suspenders to match Yoongi.

Before the music came on, Bennie smirked to herself secretly

She knew they were ready to win

After performing 'BOYZ WITH FUN' at the end of the show, the group was called back on stage. BTS was up against EXID for first place. The members were all trying to cool off after their powerful performance while the MCs calculated the votes to see who would win first place. As they announced the numbers, Bennie felt her heart begin to race as she saw how big the numbers were getting from the other artists they were up against.

"BANGTAN SONYEONDAN!"

Bennie immediately widens her eyes, covering her mouth as the confetti popped out, and Namjoon walked up to the stage to receive the trophy.

They had won.

They won their first award show.

The members have been dreaming of this day. Every time they were asked, it would be the same answer. 

'We want to get first place on a music show.'

No matter how many times they've been asked. It was their wish to gift ARMY the first win, and now they finally achieved their goal.