𝐕.-𝟎𝟓

Family" isn't defined only by last names or by blood; it's defined by commitment and by love.

Elias watched in confusion as the girl he bumped into stormed off, "The fuck

Elias watched in confusion as the girl he bumped into stormed off, "The fuck." He mumbled before turning back to his cousin.

The somber expression on Niyana's face threw him off, causing him to narrow his eyes at her.

"Whatchu do?" He questioned in aggression his accent seeping through.

"Nothing, damn." Niyana said as she smacked her lips.

She hated every time she was around her cousin cause you could literally see the judgement on his face even when he didn't say anything.

Elias hummed, he walked off not saying anything as he made his was towards the cafeteria. Niyana was always in some shit and after what happened in eighth grade she spiraled out of control.

"Aye Eli," He heard as he crossed the cafeteria, turning around he sees its Shanti, a girl he used to be friends with in 9th grade and was now best friends with his girlfriend, Jayla.

"Whatchu want?" He asks, tilting his head up at her, he don't know why but he always thought Shanti wanted more than what he was willing to offer.

"Nothing, Jayla looking for you." She said, smiling at him but the smile not meeting her eyes before walking off.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion before shrugging and walking off to the table he usually sat at with his homeboys Naz, Cairo and Ariyon.

Ariyon smacked his lips loudly, "Man your girl wilding, she got the audacity to come up into my class period, looking for you as if I fucking track your whereabouts."

"Yea I had a lil basketball practice early this morning." He said with a shrug, Jayla was always possessive and for what reason he didn't know why, he always made sure she felt secure in their relationship.

"You need to stop fucking with her crazy ass bro." Cairo said jaw clenched in annoyance, he too had some crazy ass experiences with Elias now girlfriend.

Elias understood where they were coming from, but he just could find himself breaking up with Jayla after everything they'd been through and everything, he helped her through, they'd been going strong for 7 months and he believed what they had was love.

"Im'ma holla at her ight, but I'm not finna sit here and let y'all dog my girl."

Elias looked over at his homeboy Naz who'd been quiet the whole time the conversation was happening, "What's up with you?" He asked, usually he was the one doing the most talking.

"My sister just moved back home." He said with a shrug.

"Man, you saying that as if it's a bad thing, your sister being back shouldn't be something you look as if you were dreading." Elias replies, last time he checked Naz was excited for his sister to come home, saying they left off on a rough patch.