Chapter 3

Nobody knows what you've been through if you don't tell them. You own your story.
No matter how many pirated versions exist.
The original version is always yours to share.
–Ecstaticbloom.

I walked into the scanty and dimly lit club

I walked into the scanty and dimly lit club. It was gonna get full to the brim later tonight, with all sorts of men. The Rich, The Lonely, The Psychos, men with crazy fantasies, Unfaithful bastards with more than enough to spend, The occasional I'm young but I'm gonna try something new bunch, The 'hey it's a strip club so I get to fondle you and nobody would mind' bunch, those ones are usually the worse and they end up getting their ass beat. That's the only good thing about this club.

We pay for protection and we get it, we pay the club too. The money we get at the end of the day is divided in a sixty-fourty ratio with the club getting fourty.

We have special appearances too, kind of like a show, depending on the crowd you can pull to yourself. Those nights were my favorites. I didn't need to dance on the main stage later.

There were private rooms for those kinds of nights. The pay we get those days are higher and for those private dances we take seventy percent because it's more strenuous for us on those kinds of nights, they pay to have us for however long they want and they get it.

In case you still haven't figured it out by now, I'm a stripper.

I've had people give me the stink eye for the type of job I do, they would look at me weirdly and for the very self righteous ones, they'd go as far as walking up to you to tell you that Jesus doesn't want you doing what you do.

I always wondered if He told them that.

But really as long as it puts food on my table, I don't really care about them.

"Hey V." Maureen the bartender called out to me, we weren't friends per-se, but we talked, we were friendly with each other.

"How's it going girl? Any of them cause you trouble yet?" I asked. Maureen had to break up at least five fights before the end of the night. You'd be surprised at how stupid people could be when they've had a little to drink. And I'm not just talking about men.

"No fights yet, I think the regulars know all about my bottle now." She flexed with an empty bottle in her hand making me laugh. She could be scary.

"See you later Maureen."

I walked backstage into my changing room. Constance had already laid my outfit on the bed. It was a bright red slip of an outfit. The bottom was a thong and the top was barely there. I had a black leather jacket to go with it, and transparent high heels.

It's not as if it bothered me anymore. The constant state of undress I had to be in I mean.

You'd be surprised at how time flies when you're doing what you do to take your mind off stuff.