Chapter 15

Here's the mother effing tea y'all. Savor it.

How do you determine what's right or wrong?
Is it what hurts you or what hurts others?
–Ecstaticbloom.

"This is wrong." I practically screamed at Luciano.

He looked so calm. Covered in blood looking at me like I was the mad person, I was literally shaking in my boots. He looked at me this time, like really looked at me, not through me. Like he's been doing since he took me away from the living room. "You don't get to decide what's right or wrong tesoro."

"Why?" My voice cracked, I finally noticed the tears running down my face. I wiped furiously at my face. "Why the hell not Luciano? You just killed somebody in cold blood Luciano, that doesn't seem wrong to you?"

"What you should know tesoro, is that in this life no matter what you do as long as it helps you survive is the right thing. What kills you or tries to is wrong. If religion is why you're scared to do it, go down on your knees and ask for forgiveness after you've done it." He sighed and went back to leaning on the wall of the cell we where in.

"It is said that your God forgives all your sins right, just few words of prayers and they're all washed away, you're back to being white as snow, sinless and blameless. They say that God wants you to fight for your self, for your freedom so if he or she above wants you dead? No matter the work you put in you would be. Now do it and let's get out of here." He sounded like he had a personal war or bone to dig with God.

That was god, not me. It's not like I did anything to him.

You're probably wondering how we got here.

Flashback.
‡‡‡‡‡

After BR gave me the ultimatum and I gave him the stink eye that I was sure would kill a lesser human, I walked out with Luciano, where he was taking me? Who knows.

I looked at Sorcha but she didn't look stressed or worried, poor thing probably believe her 'papa' wouldn't kill me. I'm sure shell be surprised when they started planning my funeral later tonight.

That's if I was gonna have one. Wtf?! Valsamina what the hell is wrong with you, I chastised myself.

Nobody even tried to follow us to make sure Luciano didn't try to kill me.

We walked out of the mansion and down the stairs leading to the front door, but we didn't go towards the main gate. We didn't go through the little gate at the side of the house probably leading to other parts of the estate.

Luciano walked with me towards the direction of the gate but stopped in front of a couple of stairs leading downwards.

Luciano and I took the stairs down, we walked down stairs for a few minutes neglecting the empty hallways, we got to a level filled with men holding guns.

They all bowed their head at Luciano slightly, before one of them banged on the door. Few seconds later a covering slid away from the where the spy hole was supposed to be and a pair of scary eyes looked out. "Who's that?" But then he looked at Luciano and I, and rushed to open the door.

"Don." He bowed his head at Luciano, I  may be illiterate in a lot of things but I used to read gangster novels growing up. The don was always their leader.