Chapter 8

The papers in front of me confirmed that the man and woman claiming to be my family were actually my family. Their names are Robert and Natalie Stevens, my mother's father and aunt. I've been staring at this paper for over two weeks. I couldn't meet these people, they've been absent from my life since my birth. I don't think I want to meet these people, but part of me does. My family has been so supportive of me, no matter what my decision is. I just don't know who to choose. Peyton has been incredible these past few weeks. Maddie and Maurice have been letting him sleep over a lot, which is nice. He's there when I wake up in a cold sweat, and it's comforting to know he's there.

"Someone take this from me." I whispered. It was April 20, two weeks before Prom. The twins and I had over our small group of friends. The twins invited their friends Louis, Edward, Katelyn and Austin. I invited Gracelyn, Derek and Peyton. Peyton gently extracted the papers from my hands and placed them on my bedside table. The four of us were in my room, spread out on the floor. We were supposed to be studying. Gracelyn was glowing at almost seven months pregnant. She and Derek finally resolved whatever was going on between them. They were officially a couple, and a happy couple at that.

"Oh, Chaz," Gracelyn cooed as she scooted over to me. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tight. "Don't think about that. If these people really are your family, they would have found you years ago. Maddie and Maurice love you, and I know you love them. There is nothing to choose."

"I know." I whispered. "It's just-part of me wants to know these people. They're my last ties to my family." She sighed and gave me a squeeze.

"I know how you feel." She whispered to me. "But don't let that sway what you want."

"You're going to be an exceptional mother, Gracie." I told her. She smiled at me as Derek came to sit next to us.

"Let's go out tonight. The four of us," Derek suggested as he wrapped his arm around Gracelyn.

"Where would we go?" I asked as I scooted back to Peyton. He pulled me into his lap as Derek tried to come up with an idea.

"The Duff is out. We should go see that." Derek said.

"No, sweetie, we bought the DVD. We have it at the house." Gracelyn said as she rubbed her stomach. "We can go home and watch it with Peyton and Chaz."

"Sure," I said. Peyton kissed my head softly. "Gracie and I will meet you at the cars." Derek and Peyton left, leaving Grace and I to mosey downstairs.

"I'm glad Peyton found you." Gracelyn said. I stood and walked over to her, helping her up. "He's not so self-conscious anymore. He's reading better and talking in class again. Thank you, Chastity." I blushed at her words.

"So, I heard that Peyton is taking you to prom. Do you want to go dress shopping?" She asked.

"I thought you and Derek were staying home." I said as we walked out of the room.

"I know. You're my friend, and I want to go dress shopping with you and Willa." Gracelyn said. We descended the stairs and told Maurice that we were going to Derek's house. He said to be home by nine and to have a good time. We left the house and went to our respective cars. As soon as I closed the door, Peyton grabbed my face and placed a kiss on my lips.

"What was that for?" I asked as he pulled away.

"I just wanted to kiss my girlfriend." He said as he threw his car in reverse. The ride over was not silent, it was filled with our off-key singing to pop songs on the radio. I enjoyed watching Peyton rock out like he was in his own world. He was relaxed, something I didn't see in school, and I liked it.

"What are you looking at, Chaz?" Peyton asked as he pulled into the Montgomery driveway behind Derek and Gracelyn.

"You," I replied as he threw the car into park. I leaned over the seat and stroked his stubbly cheek. "I love when you're relaxed. I wish I could see you relaxed more often." Peyton turned his head and pressed a kiss to my palm.

"I'll work on that, I promise." He said to me. "Come on, we can snuggle inside, maybe make out too." I smiled at him as we hopped out of the car, walking hand in hand into the house. Diana and John greeted us from the kitchen as we b-lined it for the basement. Gracie was already on her bed as Derek put the DVD in the player. Peyton and I wandered over to the futon, where we began snuggling before the movie even started.

To be honest, none of us paid any attention to the movie. Gracelyn and Derek were crooning to the baby half of the movie, and making out the other half while Peyton and I made out and talked about meeting my alleged grandfather. I preferred option one. My fingers were knotted in Peyton's hair and my lips were locked with his. Peyton gripped my hips as he yanked me onto his lap.

"Peyton," I mumbled. He hummed in response. "Slow down, speedy. We may end up like our good friends over there if we don't slow down." Peyton sighed as he detached his lips from mine.

"You are right. Have you decided what you want to do?" He asked as he stroked my hips.

"I think I want to meet this man and his sister. I want a DNA test done too." I told him quietly. "I want to know who my real family is."

"Okay." He said with a smile. "I'm behind you one hundred percent."

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I know, really long time and a really short update. I've been wicked busy with home/schoolwork. I thought I'd get a break this semester. I was wrong.

So, if you didn't notice the little banner on this book, take another look. I've always been against bullying, but now I am publicly announcing it. I don't tolerate it, so no hateful pm's or comments to anyone. I read everything that involves my stories, so if you think you can get away with bullying me or anyone else on this site, bullies beware!

in other news, I am dredging up an old story idea, but I might not post it on here. Not sure yet. I need a title for it and possibly a lead male character name. The main character names are Jessica Riley Hodgens and (as of now) Truman Knox Williams. It's set in high school. It any of you could help me out, I'll dedicaste this chapter to you.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho