Chapter 5

February turned into March, and my life began to get better. Throughout the month of March, Mrs. White’s friend and boss, Charlotte Weston, came by the house with Nancy to begin the adoption process. I was excited, relaxed and nervous all at the same time. I was going to have a real family for the first time since I was five years old. It was my dreams come true. I was going to have siblings, parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles. I was going to have a full family. I had friends, and a best friend. I had Peyton. Oh my God, I had Peyton Churchill.

I had known for a month or so that being around him made me happy, like, beyond words. But I get butterflies in my stomach when I spend time with him now. When he’s at the house, or I’m at the library tutoring him, I feel like I’m on the verge of puking with excitement. I believe I was starting to develop feelings for Peyton. And I wasn’t afraid. He knew me; he wasn’t like other guys that I've been around. He’s not a jock, overly cocky, a jerk. He was sure of himself, kind, open, and endearing. I liked that about him. I really liked him.

Wiloma warned me about having feeling for Peyton. She said that Will and Peyton had a pact not to date each other’s sisters. She wasn’t sure if that pact was still in place, but she wanted me to be cautious. I decided I was going to tell Peyton how I felt, but as the month of March went on, I got more and more chicken. I didn’t have the guts to even ask him out as friends, what made me think I could do that as a potential couple? I was an idiot. So, finally in April, I asked him out. I asked him to Prom.

We were at the house, studying for English class. I was helping him with the vocabulary that we had a quiz on at the end of the week. He was having trouble with some of the definitions with his Dyslexia and all. I loved helping him get better at reading. I know his parents got him a real tutor, one who is specialized in this field of work, but he’s my friend. He feels more comfortable around me that a forty year old man.

“Pete,” I called softly, nudging my knee with his.

“Yeah, Chaz,” Peyton asked, closing his book and looking at me. I felt my throat closing as his beautiful green eyes met my own.

“I, um, I was wondering if you were going to Prom this year.” I stumbled through my words. I never experienced this before. Peyton grinned at me, putting his hand over mine.

“Chastity, are you asking me to Prom?” Peyton teased, though; there was a serious tone to his words.

“Yeah,” I mumbled. “We don’t have to go, as couple; we could go as friends if you’re more comfortable with that.” I looked down at my lap as I waited for his response. I really wanted to go as a couple type thing. I was finally ready for a boyfriend, I think, and I really liked Peyton.

“Chaz,” Peyton mumbled as he lifted my chin. “What do you want to go as?”

“I want to go as a couple.” I said. Peyton broke into an even bigger smile, if that was even possible and kissed my cheek. The butterflies in my stomach erupted once again, making me wonder if they would ever go away.

“Would you like to go out for pizza tonight?” He asked as he took my hand that was on the wooden table.

“Sure. I’d love that.” I said, smiling like a buffoon. Peyton didn’t seem to mind my smile. In fact, his matched mine, making us look like lunatics. “I’ll let Maddie and Maurice know before we leave.”

“Call them now, I’m starving.” Peyton said as he stood, then pulled me up. I grabbed my phone and called Maddie, telling her that I was going out with Peyton. She told me to be home by eight at the latest. I hung up and grabbed my jacket. It was relatively warm out now, in mid spring. I liked spring time. There was something about everything coming back to life after being dead for so long that was so comforting. Being in in my favorite time of year with Peyton was something totally different.

We held hands as we walked down the sidewalks to this pizza place called Five Ways to Die. It was an interesting name, but Peyton explained to me that it used to be this Goth clothing store until the Pizza place bought it out. They never bothered to replace the sign. He got us a small fajita pizza with everything but onions on it. I hate onions.

“So, are you enjoying this?” Peyton asked after downing his third piece of pizza.

“Do you mean the pizza? It’s phenomenal.” I said, wiping my fingers with my napkin.

“That’s not what I meant, Chaz.” Peyton said, leaning across the table. “Are you enjoying our first date?” He asked again. I smiled as I raised my hand to push his curly bangs away.

“It’s the best first date I’ve ever had.” I whispered. Peyton grinned as he caught my hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.

“It’s the only first date you’ve ever had, silly.” He said softly, leaning his face closer to mine. “Can I—”

“Peyton,” a girl screeched, forcing the two of us apart. Peyton rolled his eyes as he stood to face the girl.

“Felicity, Camila what are you doing here?” Peyton asked. “Where’s Becky and Lacey?”

“Rebecca and Lacey are with the sitter. You were supposed to pick us up a half hour ago. We had to walk here.” The shorter, blonder girl asked. The two girls were as tan as Peyton for April. The shorter girl shared his eyes, while the taller one shared his hair. “Who’s this, baby brother?”

“This is Chastity Brennan. Chaz, these are two of my sisters, Felicity and Camila Churchill.” Peyton said, taking my hand. “She's my… date.”

“Ohmygod, Cami, we interrupted his date!” Felicity screeched, earning a few dirty looks from some patrons. “I am so sorry. He’s got the car today and we were at work since six a.m. and he was supposed to pick us up.”

“I don’t have the car, mom does.” Peyton said, squeezing my hand. “Um, I’ll see you two at home. Get some dinner here and don’t wait up for me.” Peyton threw a few dollars on the table before pulling me out of the restaurant. “I am so sorry, Chastity. I didn’t expect to make this a meet the family day. I really—” I pressed my finger to his lips with a smile on my lips.

“I like your sisters, Peyton. They are not going to scare me away.” I said, removing my finger from his lips. Peyton let out a nervous laugh as he tugged me closer to him.

“You know, you are the first person who is not fazed by those two. Gracelyn almost punched Camila the first day she met her. Willa shoved Felicity into their pool because she wouldn’t shut up. Will almost ran them over with his bike. James and Jason wanted to throw them in the ditch. I don’t even want to tell you what Lucia and Lee wanted to do to them.” Peyton paused to push his lips against my forehead. “You are amazing.”

“I’ve had foster siblings just like Felicity and Camila. Just because they are your sisters, it doesn’t mean I won’t want to be around you.” I said, pressing my forehead against his. “I really like you, Peyton.”

“I really like you, too.” Peyton admitted. “Can I kiss you?”

“Yes,” I said, leaning in the rest of the way. And I kissed Peyton on the lips.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello lovelies!

I know, long time between updates but I've been busy. I will update the others as well.

New semester starting the 20th! Yay.

Lots of Love,

DoctorWho