Chapter |2| A Missing Piece

"I still can't believe you're marrying my brother

"I still can't believe you're marrying my brother."

Tessa sighed dreamily, flopping back onto the bed. "I know right, tell me about it." Snorting, I grabbed a handful of popcorn and shoved it into my mouth.

I heard a small cry and quickly glanced to my right. Anastasia was sleeping in the crib a mere foot away from us, and she rolled over, her face contorting slightly.

Holding my breath, I waited a minute for her to settle and then sighed in relief as she fell back to sleep. Reaching for the remote, I turned down the volume on the tv.

"Wow, you're such a mum now." I rolled my eyes, continuing to stare at the tv. "I can't believe this. You're a mother, I'm a fiancé...soon to be wife. How did that happen?"

"Yes, how did that happen? I would like to know exactly how you and my brother first hooked up, and why it was kept a secret from me?"

"First of all, keeping it a secret was a mutual decision from the both of us because we both agreed that we were purely just hooking up." I gave her a look. "It all started at that Halloween party you threw when your parents were out of town. We were seventeen, and you were still trying to get over Tristan. I got drunk, really drunk. I thought I was sleeping in your room but it turns out I was in Kalen's room instead. He came in and found me in his bed."

I sat up straight, my eyes almost hugging out of my head. "Are you saying my brother took advantage of you?"

"What? God no, he found me in his bed, I apparently tried to seduce him and then threw up all over his lap. He changed me into his clothes and I passed out."

"So that's how it all started? Aw, it's kind of romantic." My love stories were anything but.

Aaron and Tristan both used me at first, but I guess Alessi and I had a cute first meet story. I was his waitress, he was relentless customer. As I watched Tessa continue her story on, I noted the dreamy look in his eyes. The way her eyes sparkled with love and I didn't know if I would ever have that again.

"Then we started hanging out together, talking whenever you weren't there. One day, I came over wanting to talk to you but you were out with Sawyer. Kalen was the only one home and..."

"You hooked up." She nodded shyly.

"He was the only guy whoever meant anything. I didn't know sex could be like that, I didn't know fucking could be making love as well, until I met him."

"Wow, that's beautiful. I'm glad my brother popped the question, you two deserve each other. Just keep the talk about your sex lives to a minimal, in fact, make that nothing."