Chapter |25| Trying To Be Normal

I could feel the hot light skin of my naked body as it filtered into the room

I could feel the hot light skin of my naked body as it filtered into the room. The soft whooshing of the blinds opening up and the faint melody of birds chirping away as they frittered from the blossom trees.

The thin sheet covering my nude body was mattered with post coital sweat. I can't remember the last time Aaron and I had fucked that much.

Looking around the room, I found it in a complete disarray. The pictures hung crookedly on the wall from the way Aaron fucked time against, the chaise in the corner was tipped over; Aaron fucked me over it, and the pillows were everywhere. Some shredded and others just found around in the throes of our passion.

He strolled into the room, a towel sitting dangerously low on his hips. As he noticed me awake, I hoped to see anything on his face. A smile, the lift of his eyes, but instead he was void of emotion.

It seemed to almost always be like that.

He felt guilty. After last night and two bottles of wine, he apologised for what he had said the week before. Despite it being the truth. We spoke, we agreed to try again to be us.

I guess, I was the only one that remembered.

"Hey," I forced pep into my otherwise sour tone. He nodded and perched on the end of the bed, resting his elbows onto his knees so he could bury his face into his hands.

I noted the visible knots of tension in his shoulders, the bags under his eyes from sleepless nights. "Aaron...I thought we agreed to be better."

His heavy sigh filled the room and then he lifted his hand towards me. Taking it tentatively, I let the sheet around me drop, crawling over to him.

My arms around him, my bare chest pressed flushed his back. I let my chin drop onto his shoulder. "What's wrong? Talk to me." He clutched my hand a little together. I watched the way his muscles flexed beneath the skin.

"I woke up happy, satisfied and ready to start new. Then I released that I have a meeting with Mikhail today and all that positivity just drained away. He's getting suspicious, and he's begun withdrawing deals. The company is loosing money, and with the increase in fixed costs I...I'm just freaking out."

"It's okay to freak out." I let my lips press against his neck. The scent of his normal wash was replaced with a strong lavender fragrance.

"Is that my body wash?" He grinned sheepishly.

"I ran out."  I couldn't help the fit of giggles that burst out of me. His hands grabbed my waist and pulled me into his lap. The towel fell to the floor, exposing his hard erection that rubbed sensuously against my lap.

Our heads tilted towards each other. An undeniable magnetic pull which had always lured us towards each other.

I brushed my nose against his. "You know I love you right?"