Chapter |17| We Will Always Be Chained

"You love me?" I watched as a single tear dropped down his cheek, blue watery eyes boring into my soul

Smiling, I let my eyes rest shut. "Always have, always will."

"I don't deserve this." I felt it, like a tug on the chain between us. He was trying to pull away, fighting his desires, my wanting of him. He was in disbelief, thinking he didn't deserve my love. As his lover, his forever...it was my job to prove him wrong.

"Look at me." When his eyes continued to look glazed and stony, staring out at the twilight sky, I gently tilted his face towards me. I saw the guilt, the fighting, the repulsion. My eyes softened.

"You deserve this more than anything Aaron, definitely more than me. I ran like a coward because I was afraid and I haven't suffered, not like you have. Most days I hate myself for it, for loving a man who deserves more than I can offer him. I fell in love with you Aaron because you're strong and brave and have the most beautiful soul I've ever seen in a person. You deserve happiness, and if I make you happy...then take me. Take me and never let me go."

"Oh Princess," I shivered at the familiar touch of his calloused rough fingers brushing against my skin. Suddenly, he fell forward. His face buried inside of my neck, panting hard as he pressed warm sloppy kisses over my bare skin.

A moan slipped from my mouth, a quiet breathless moan, both of relief and awe. I never thought I would have this again, his hands roaming my body, his lips pressed against my skin.

I needed more of him, all of him. Gripping a chunk of his hair, I forced his head up and slowly rose on my tip toes. I let my arms wind around his neck, felt his hand drift over my back, cupping my ass, as our mouths hovered merely inches away from each other's.

"Is this real?" He murmured, the world slowly drifting away around us. "Whenever I have this dream, I always wake up now. Before I can taste your lips, take you home, make you mine forever. Please, please tell me this is real."

"This is real, I'm real, your real, and this is happening. I'm yours...you're mine."

A smile broke out on his face. A smile I wanted to devour, memorise and love for the rest of my life. "Princess," My nickname, my perfect nickname, left his lips softly. Then, with the patience of a saint, he slowly and painfully lowered his head down to mine.

Upon the first brush of our lips, I was screwed. I felt myself became drawn in and locked away from whatever freedom I thought I would ever have, because my body and my heart and my lips would always belong to my dark knight.

Moaning, I gripped his hair tighter, kissing him, with unadulterated passion and strength that rocked through my body. Every nerve was vibrating inside of me, and when his fingers ran across my waist, when they glided my leg and pulled my leg from the long slit in my dress, I felt it.