Chapter |20| Starved

Grabbing another slice of cheesy pepperoni pizza, I tipped my head back on Aaron's shoulders, letting a quiet quaint moan slip from my mouth

Grabbing another slice of cheesy pepperoni pizza, I tipped my head back on Aaron's shoulders, letting a quiet quaint moan slip from my mouth. "This is heaven."

"Oh really?" He remarked from underneath, raising his perfectly sculpted eyebrow. How the fuck were they so symmetrical?

I grinned lavishly, taking another bite. "I would fuck this pizza so hard, just for another cheesy bite. Mm..." The cheesy melted as it hit my tongue, and I licked my lips, cleaning away any remnants of sauce.

"Fuck, now I'm jealous of a pizza." Aaron sulked. Laughing, I wiped my hands and pushed the empty pizza box away. We had spent the last twenty minutes devouring the extra large pizza, and suddenly I no longer had an appetite for food.

Turning in his lap, I wound my arms around his neck and my mouth fell agape. From the corner of my eyes, I could see a bouquet of bright blue roses arranged delicately in a vase.

"Are those..."

He followed my eye line and smirked. "Blue roses, of course. And there's also this," Grabbing his phone, he pressed play and suddenly the lights dimmed as the speaker played the soft sultry tune of a familiar song.

"I recognise this. Where do I know it from?"

"It's the song that was playing the night I first saw you dancing."

"I was dancing to this?" I expected some crazy loud Rhianna song, not this slow seductive piece.

"Yes, you don't remember?"

"I was drunk off my heels, I barely remember anything from that night. But you do." Guilt pierced my skin. I should remember the first time we met, I should remember what he was wearing, how he looked at me, the touch of his hands on my skin.

"It's okay that you don't remember. You were drunk."

"I wish I wasn't. Most of the mistakes I made in my life were because I was drunk. I slept with Tristan because of it...many times and you...that night."

"That night was my fault. I took advantage."

"No you didn't Aaron. I remember it, very vividly and if you hadn't then I would have someone else."

He sighed softly, and stroked my cheek, forcing me to look at him. "We both used sex to escape."

"I think I still do, with Alessi...most times I couldn't finish unless I envisioned you. Other times I forced myself to forget everything and just focus on the pleasure. It's rare that during sex I can just...enjoy?" I stupidly admitted. "God, sorry. That was too much."

"No, it wasn't. I want to know these things, I want to know so I can help you."

"Aaron," I didn't deserve this man. I saw how much he did for me now, appreciated it a hell of a lot more but if we had sex then, I was essentially giving in. Again.