Chapter |19| Hidden Photos

"The attack was orchestrated by five separate gangs

"The attack was orchestrated by five separate gangs. Now these gangs are known to us, they leave us alone and we leave leave them alone it's how it's always worked until now. They attacked, but with the weapons they had, the knowledge and planning, it's clear that they were not working alone. Someone convinced them to do this, and I want to know who."

"What if no-one did convince them?" Kieron spoke up. My father as brass as ever, leaned back in his large leather chair that swarmed all the others, and sighed heavily. "I mean, there was that shipment of guns stolen recently that have the Skulls name on it, and the wedding wasn't exactly a secret."

"Kieron could be right dad?" Kai interjected. Then he flashed a smile to the rest of the table composed of me, Aaron, and some of my father's men. "We could be starting a war over nothing."

"Tessa nearly died. If the threat is still out there, it has to be eliminated." I nodded in agreement with Kalen. He'd just gotten back from his honeymoon, and I mean Tessa was waiting in the living room with all their suitcases.

"Aaron, could you help us out?" All eyes turned to us.

"I mean, of course. What do you need?" Smiling, I squeezed his hand from underneath the table.

Aaron had been the perfect boyfriend in every way. He understood my decisions not to move too fast, he was patient and calm and supportive. Anastasia was really taking to him as her father as well. She loved him, just like me. Every single moment we spent together, I could feel myself falling more and more in love with him.

"Great, we'll sort out the details." My father dismissed everyone, bar from us. Confused, we stayed seated until my mother walked in.

Shit. Was this an intervention?

I was not really for another one of those, last time it had ended with me leaving my family gone, bags packed and tears running down my face.

"Mum no," I rose, but she shot me a sharp glare.

"Sit down Kiara." Hesitantly, I complied. She hadn't spoken to me like that since I was thirteen. "This is not what you think it is. You may be twenty and a mother yourself but I need to know what's going on in my baby's life."

"You want to know what's happening with me and Aaron?" She nodded, whilst my dad stood stoically in the corner, arms crossed and eyes wary. Glancing over at Aaron, he nodded and squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"We're together, officially. Aaron is my boyfriend and we're not rushing anything. We're taking it slow, for Anastasia and for us."

"Oh darling, I'm so happy!" She exclaimed.

"Really?"

"Yes, I just...I've always hoped that you would find your way to back to each other somehow and you have. Love is pain, and unless you're willing to sacrifice it won't work."