Chapter |28| All For Her

The consequent explosion erupted in the water

The consequent explosion erupted in the water. Gushes of water sprouted up into the air, raining down on the two of us, bloodied and bruised, with a harsh beating.

I coughed, spluttering out remnants of sea water that I choked on. The bastard before me did the same, stumbling down towards the ground with a loud crack.

His heavy head forced itself up and in its wake, a sickening smile grew upon his scarred face. My eyes caught the glint of sliver flashing within his hand.

The way his fingers curled around the handle like a snake, told me everything. His orders were to kill me. Nothing more than that.

Mikhail was done with playing, he wanted vendetta to be completed and so it would, with the bodies of myself, Kiara and Anastasia. His cruelty knew no limits.

"You don't have to do this." I wheezed out.

The bastard stood tall, nowhere as near as beaten as I was, and the sadistic glint in his eyes sparkled. "I know. I want to."

Then he charged at me like a bull. Knife pointed straight towards my heart, the silver tip ready to pierce through my skin.

I ducked down and ran at him as well, bracing myself for the unknown impact, and clenching eyes shut. Yelling out, I pushed him back against the tower of barrels, and fell with him.

Wine came spilling out from them, drenching us both in stained red. The ominous foreboding emphasised the blood shed to follow. One of us had to die, it was the only way out.

A satisfying crunch, echoed as we fell onto the hard concrete. The bastard cried out, tears springing to his eyes as he clutched desperately at his ribs. Ouch.

Lunging for the knife, he recoiled and rolled over, snatching it away from my reach. I launched my fist at his face, watching his nose break open, and blood spurt out.

My other hand reached for the knife, but he sliced it through the air, stabbing it straight through my palm. "Ah!"

Blood poured from the wound, a clean cut directly through the centre of my hand. It hurt like a fucking bitch.

Pain blistered through my arm, rendering it completely useless. Great, now I only had one good hand to use.

"Come on, I thought you were the great Aaron Black. Nothing more than a fucking pussy." He spat in his Russian accent and all.

God, I hated this bastard. I jammed my shoulder into his, and heard the sound of the knife finally clattering onto the floor. My knee drove up into his stomach over and over again, until he finally dropped to knees.

I threw him down to the floor and let my hands coil around his neck, tightening my grip until he was squirming underneath me. The monster was out, and it was seeking blood.