Chapter 2

For once in my life, i felt relieved. I hadn't seen my friends in months and I was finally going to have real human contact.

The car pulled up to the mansion and I finally realised the actual severity of the situation. My parents were desperate this time.

I got out of the car and got my stuff before walking up to the door and knocking on it as the car drove off. Even the workers were glad to be rid of me.

A woman opens the door and smiles at me.

"Miss Roma? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Sasha. You're here to assist Theo around the house with the kids, right? It's probably the thing he needs the most after the AI installation." She's middle-aged and pretty.

I just nod. The mention of an AI really kicked in this time. He really would've payed a million for me. He was using Rory, Stella and I's AI system.

"Please come in. Let me take you to your room." She was a housekeeper.

"Here it is." She takes me to a nicely sized room and I smile. This was such a nice room. "It's small, I know but Theo's a little bit of a dick if I do say so myself. Make yourself at home and I'll come and knock on your door when it's time for me to leave."

I nod and she leaves.

I immediately start putting my stuff away. There wasn't much. My closet was empty as all my good stuff was at my apartment. I hid my weapons case at the top of my closet and made sure to push it back.

Why did I even come home for my parents? They didn't know Rex and Crew would know I'm alive. They thought they were inflicting pain on the people who loved me.

I guessed I subconsciously knew that there was something different about coming home this time.

I finally got my phone out and charged it on and it went beserk.

Pin's call comes through first.

"Thank fuck. Never do that again." He says as he sighs in relief.

"Yeah, yeah. I've not really been left with a choice here Pin. Someone gave my parents the AI and they've sold it to Theo Summers and know they've posed me as a scientist. It must've been the plan. Couldn't have Rex discussed it with me?" I say as I lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling in frustration.

"I didn't even know about this. Odds are he's only going to tell a handful of us. I need to go now but mum said love you. Bye." He says.

I hear someone approaching.

"I love you too, bye." I say as I cut the phone.

Sasha knocks and I tell her that she can come in.

"I couldn't help but hear the last of your conversation, boyfriend?" She's nosy.

"No. My older brother." I say and she nods.

"Well I'm off. It'll be about 45 minutes before Theo arrives and I strongly suggest you stay in the kitchen so that he meets you immediately. I'll take you there." I get up, unplugging my phone, removing the charger and putting it in my pocket.

I sit down at the kitchen island and start to wait.

"Does anyone in the house have any dietary requirements?" I ask before she leaves.

"No, not at all. Why?" She seems skeptical.

"I can make some dinner for whoever lives here. How many people is that?" I ask because I knew that more than one person lived here. This house was well lived in, I know because most of the houses I lived in, were showhomes.