Chapter 8

I get my thermometer and scan Theo's head. He seemed ill today. I could feel his temperature. I always kept a thermometer on me because I didn't like it when people around me were ill because then other people could get ill and being the granddaughter of a cancer patient, I knew that it's the last thing people needed.

Isadora and Ignazio were living at thier grandparents and they were already 1 month in. This week they'd be going away for the week so we wouldn't see them. It was already two months since I started working here.

Theo and I were on better terms now. He helped me, convey emotion.

Theo felt really hot and the thermometer confirmed that he was in fact, burning up. He half-opened his eyes and I shut them.

"Theo, you're ill, stay in bed mate." I say as I pat his head.

"What. No, I've got to go to work." He says as he tries to get up but is probably met with a splitting headache seeing as he immediately lies back down.

"I'm gonna call your work, alright? Let me get you some medication and also some water. I'll take off the duvet and just put on a blanket so you can stay cool." I take off the heavy duvet and put on the light blanket. He seems more relieved.

I go downstairs and check the household schedule. Sasha's week off started today.

I made the water and got some Ibuprofen, Sasha had sent me everyone's healthy and Theo had no allergies so I'm sure he'd be fine if he too Ibuprofen.

I take them back upstairs and help him sit up. He takes the medication and I lie him back down.

"I've got a meeting at later, I won't be back until tomorrow as it's in New York but I'll see you tomorrow. I can stay if you don't think you'll be well enough to look after yourself." He nods at the last part.

"Please stay, I'll be better way quicker if I have someone to look after me." He says and I nod.

"That's fine, it will save time and energy as well. Let me just go call and tell them I'll be voice calling instead." I say as he nods and I leave and go downstairs to my room.

I unlock the door and call Rex.

"Hi dad." I say and I can almost hear him smile on the other end.

"Hey Mia, you getting ready for your flight? Me and Pin have landed safely." He says.

"Something came up and I have to look after Mr. Summers, is that okay?" I say and I can hear him laugh.

"You do your job so well. Of course it's okay, just join the call at the appropriate time. It'll be in an hour for you." He says and I thank him.

I go back upstairs to Theo's room and I sit down on the lounge chair, messaging JT for the code for the call.

"Can I workout in you gym?" I ask and Theo says yes. "Thanks. Here's a button that you press and the AI will send a message to my phone to say that you require my assistance, just type what you need and if I can do it, it'll come." I put the button down on his bedside table.

I go to my room and get changed into my workout gear.

I workout for 45 minutes before going to my laptop in my room. I sit down at the desk at the point where I could make sure no one entered the room or could hear me. I made sure I had the cameras on my other laptop and constant surveyed.

"Okay hi Mia, everyone's here. Okay we need to start off with a basic plan of action. The couple of days that it will take to get in a new team leader is the time it will take to get a new team leader is the time that our team will be under extreme scrutiny by higher ups." AJ says as she paces the room.