Chapter 6

Pin and Misha were fine. They had caught a nasty bug but I'm so glad they were better now as it was approaching Christmas.

It had been 1 month since I started working at Theo's and it had not gotten any better for me.

I went to my apartment everyday, helped around the house and then contemplated everyday.

Theo had been following me to my house everyday and it was obvious.

Yesterday I confronted him when I got back.

"Okay stop the shit Theodore it could be any more obvious." I say as I look at him through the hedge that he tried to hide behind.

"I was just wondering where you went everyday that you came back with new clothes." He says as he steps out.

"So it wasn't obvious where I'm going the last 4 times you've done it." I say and give him a look.

"Well I just wanted to know some stuff." I roll my eyes at that.

"Yeah you wanted to know if it's my boyfriends house because surely there can't be any other reason for a girl to want to leave everyday and do something." I say and he doesn't even apologise as he walks away.

"Asshole." I mutter as I go in.

Today was the day.

TW: suicide

I go into my house, not caring to shut my door behind me.

I go into my cabinet and get all of my paracetamol. I take all of them, probably 10 packets of them.

I then go to my cabinet and get my gun and look in the mirror of my living room. I look at myself and get the gun and put it o my head.

"I'm sorry Isabella." I say as I turn off the safety and get ready to pull the trigger when Theo runs in and smacks the gun out of my hand.

"You idiot." He shouts as he catches me when I fall, the paracetamol was kicking in. "Luna stay with me." He says as he holds my face.

I don't remember much after that.

***

I wake up in the hospital and my eyes feel dry as I try to open them.

I finally manage and Theo is sitting there, his hands in his head.

I guess it didn't work.

He looks up when I move and he stands up immediately when he sees me looking at him.

"I'm sorry." I say to him, fiddling with my hands.

"You have nothing to be sorry about." He says as he gets the doctor.

***

"You're all good, vitals are fine and stable and you shall be able to go home now Ms. Roma." KC says and he motions for Theo to leave.

When Theo leaves he hugs me.

"I'm so sorry Mia." He says as he pulls back. "I wish I could've been here for you." His eyes are teary.

"It's not your fault and you shouldn't be sorry." I say as I hug him back. "Thank you for not telling the others." He nods at that. "I'd like to sign the papers now."

"You know you're basically like my sister and I'd do anything for you. I've already got Jayson to sign it for you as he's a family member so you've got nothing to do." Hs says. "Jayson was there when you were rushed in and he nearly told everyone but he realised you wouldn't want that." I nod.

As I'm leaving, I message Jayson and say thank you. He messages back about how much he loves me and how much he wants to help and I thank him.

Theo helps me get to the car and sits me down.

I go on my phone and start messaging Lottie who says everything is good and that she hopes I'm okay because she hadn't heard from me for a few days and I thank her.

We drive home and I look at the scenery.

"Theo what happened to my house?" I say and he looks at me.

"I closed the door and then some cleaner came and locked the door." I nod and thank him for doing so.

When we get back to Theo's house, I don't want any help and go by myself, going to my room. I scramble out the window and light a cigarette.

"What the fuck." Theo says as he sees me and I just look at him.

"What?" I say as I stub it and pretend as if I was never smoking it.

"Why are you here?" He asks and I just shrug. "Do you stay here regularly?"

I nod.

"How old are you? 19?" He says and I shake my head.

"I'm 20." I say and he looks at me

"You were 19 when I got the information on you which was literally a day before we met. Your birthday has already been hasn't it?" He says and I struggle to meet his eyes.

"Yeah." I say as I look down in shame again.

"When was it?" He asks and when he sees my face he realises why I said that the twins birthday was a day I didn't usually look forward though. "You hate your own birthday that much?" I nod.

"Why?" He asks as he sits down next to me.

"I don't have happy memories from it. Every year I'd spend my birthday in the Principals office because I'd start a fight every single year without fail." I say and he nods.

"A bad day with bad memories." He seems to recite this.

"Exactly." I say and we just sort of sit there for a while.