Chapter 5

It was Isadora and Ignazio's birthday and also mine. I didn't really celebrate my birthday if I'm honest. Nevaeh and Nicole had stayed the whole week, going to school from Theo's and getting taken back and forth, today they were in charge of catering and cakes and Theo and I were in charge of decorations and making sure they day flowed well.

Me and Theodore had been up since 5, decorating the whole house for them. I deduced that Ignazio wanted light blue and Isadora wanted lavender and so I combined the two colours throughout the decorations.

They were turning 4, I was turning 20.

Happy 20th birthday to me I guess.

I went outside for a quick smoke break, trying to relieve the stress I felt every year on this day. Usually the stress was because of my brothers but today it was because I didn't want Theo knowing it was my birthday.

I stubbed the cigarette and put it in the actual bin before spraying some mouth spray and perfume.

Theo is looking at the decorations.

"I hope they like it." Theo says and I nod.

"I think they will. I thought about it and also asked about their favourite colours last week when we were talking about rainbows." I say.

"I mean, I guess I should thank you for being so invested in what they like. They never tell me this sort of thing but they do relate to you a lot more than they do to me." Theo says and I nod.

"All in a days work Mr. Summers." I say as I make sure everything is perfect. "So we get them dressed and take them out of the house from the other staircase and say that there's work being done in the house, then we leave them at daycare and then make sure everything goes to plan."

"Yes, that's it. Bring your ID, I'm going to list you as an emergency contact for the twins." He says and I nod.

"Okay, that's fine." I say and I go and check up on the twins who are already showered. "You guys, playtime is over. I'm going to get you dressed now, okay?"

They both nod at me.

"Ignazio, you told me that you're favourite colour is light blue, especially shades of royal blue so I got you this outfit, it's cashmere which you mentioned was your favourite fabric." He loves the custom made royal blue suit I've got him, with a cotton top inside.

"Isadora, you said your favourite colour is purple, specifically shades of lavender and you love corduroy." I pull out custom made, lavender, corduroy dungarees and also her white cotton top as well.

They put on their outfits and I take a picture once they're done.

"Thank you so much Luna." Ignazio says.

"You're welcome Ignazio." I say.

"Please call me Iggy." He says as he hugs me.

"Of course, I'd be delighted." I say.

"Yes, thank you Luna." Isadora says.

"No problem Isadora." I respond.

"Call me Isa, only if you want." She says as she hugs me.

"That would be splendid." I say. "I got one more surprise. I know how much you guys like converse so I got you guys matching converse."

They jump and down, excited to see them.

I bring them out and they both squeal.

I had both colours in both their sizes.

They go to the edge of the room and chat away before they come back to me.