Chapter 11

"You sure you'll be alright out here?" Karlie asked as she laid out three thick blankets for Taylor. Two of those blankets were the extras and the third one was her own, but she would be fine without it.

Taylor wore a pair of Karlie's night-shorts and tee shirt. Her face was freshly washed and her hair tied into a bun; it was the most casual look Karlie had ever seen Taylor in.

She had opted to sleep on the floor so she wouldn't destrupt Martha, who was was sleeping soundly on the couch with a quilt that Cara had given her.

"Don't worry," Taylor assured while arranging her pillow. "I'll be more than fine with this many blankets."

Still unconvinced, Karlie hesitantly nodded. "Okay, but if you need anything, my room's down the hall."

"Goodnight, Karlie." Taylor said as she shuffled into the blanket mass.

The lights were out, so Taylor couldn't see Karlie anxiously pivot on her heel. The dancer mentally debated wheater or not she should ask about what had almost happened.

"Karlie?" Taylor whispered. "You still there?"

Startled by the voice, Karlie jerked back. "Uh, yeah... Night, Taylor."

Karlie went back to her room, leaving her door open as she fell into bed. She was physically exhausted from her workout, but as she laid there her mind wouldn't stop wondering.

So many thoughts raced through her head, most were about Taylor. Oh, who's Karlie kidding, they were all about Taylor.

Taylor, Taylor, Taylor! Ever since Cara brought that thing up she's all Karlie can think about.

Before she thought about Taylor a lot, but now it's ALL. THE. TIME.

Rolling onto her side, Karlie forcefully shut her eyes, even though the sleep she desired would never come to her.

---

Two AM, and Karlie still hadn't slept. She was more irritated than tired at this point.

Karlie jumped out of bed and tiptoed into the kitchen, carful not to wake Martha or Tay-

"Why're you up so early?"

Too late.

Taylor, who was cocooned in blankets, sat up Indian style. One of the blankets hung over her head like a hood.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Karlie whispered, mindful of Martha.

Taylor stood up with one of the blankets caped around her shoulders and met Karlie in the kitchen. "No, I was already up."

Karlie could just barely make out the signer's face-- the same face that never left her mind.

"It's two in the morning, why were you already up?" She asked, ignoring the fact that she was doing the exact same thing.

"Oh my god, It's two o'clock?" Taylor bounced her shoulders excitedly.

At Karlie's confused look, she explained her joy, "Two o'clock's kinda my thing."

Though she still didn't understand what that meant, Karlie smiled anyways. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Water's fine, thank you."

The taller of the two poured out two glasses and then sat at the dinning room table, Taylor followed and took the seat next to her.

She reached for the glass but her hand missed it by a mile. Karlie raised a questionable eyebrow as the hand hovered over the table, searching for the cup.

She nudged the glass into Taylor's wondering hand and giggled.

"I took out my contacts and it's really dark, so it's like double blindness." Taylor defended as she took a sip.

"So can you see me?"

"I see a blob that's lighter then the rest of the dark blobs, so I'm assuming it's you."

Karlie leaned in closer and asked again. "How about now?"

The blonde chuckled and shook her head. "Not really."

There was about a foot of space between them, and Karlie moved in half way. "Now?"

Now Taylor could easily see Karlie in all her beauty, but she was feeling risky tonight.

"No." She lied and held her breath as Karlie moved in even closer, their noses almost touching.

"Now..?"

Karlie's voice was so close. Even though she was whispering it sounded as loud as drums. Or maybe that was Taylor's excited heart.

Karlie was so close. She could see the few freckles that makeup usually covered, and the sparkle of Taylor's blue eyes stood out in the darkness. Karlie knew Taylor could see her as they stared each other down.

Before Taylor could say more, Karlie blurted something out.

"Dammit, she's really pretty up close too."

There was silence.

Taylor's face burned and a grin stretch from ear to ear. Karlie blinked before her eyes buldged from their sockets.

"Shit, did I say that out-loud?" She moved back a great amount and embarrassedly ran a hand across her face.

"You're sweet, Kloss." Taylor stood up and looked down at Karlie. "But you're probably tired, so I'll let you get back to sleep."

Taylor leaned down and planted a kiss on Karlie's cheek before returning to her makeshift sleeping bag near Martha.
Stunned and oddly pleased, Karlie's hand lingered over where Taylor had kissed her.

This was amazing! But it conflicted Karlie tremendously. Karlie pushed her contradicting thoughts away and focused on making it to her room without tripping over her shaky legs.

Neither Taylor nor Karlie slept that night.