Chapter 19

To celebrate the fact that the start of spring was only a week away, the girls decided to go on a road trip to a hot springs resort up north.

In truth, they didn't care for the pre-start of spring, they just needed a reason to use the free night at the resort that Martha had gotten for doing a shoot around the area.

Taylor drove the whole way with Karlie's hand intertwined with her own, while Martha and Cara eventually fell asleep, slumping against each other.

Taylor and Karlie had been dating for a little over a month now, and things were going great. Karlie stared at Taylor, who had one hand casually on the wheel and the other in her's, she couldn't believe that she had prolonged this.

---

The resort's hotel was glamorous. When the girls arrived, it was still day light, so they decided to get situated in their rooms.

Martha and Cara shared a room while Karlie and Taylor occupied the other. Both rooms were connected by a door.
"Wow," Taylor breathed in awe at the view of the springs. "This is so beautiful."

Karlie shrugged her bag onto the queen-sized bed and affectionately planted a kiss on top of her head. "You're so beautiful." She mummered against blonde hair.

Taylor turned and looped her arms around the taller woman's waist. She leaned up and sweetly pecked Karlie's lips with her own.

"Martha and I are gonna go toss disc by the lake." Said Cara as she appeared in the doorway. "And you two are comming because we need teams of two."

"Frisbee!" Martha corrected from the other room.

"Disc," Cara whispered to Karlie and Taylor, wanting to have the last word.

---
To their surprise, no one was by the water. They had the whole area completely to themselves.

With their jeans rolled up and their feet in the sand, it felt like paradise. A cold paradise because they were in New York and it was evening, but a paradise nonetheless.

Martha drew two lines into the sand to mark the goal posts.

"It's like football," Martha explained as she jogged back to the group. "But wimpier, so perfect for you, Taylor."

The blonde just mock-scowled back at her.

"And to make things interesting," Cara pointed the frisbee at Karlie then Martha. "It'll be you two against me and Taylor."

"Oh, this is gonna be easy!" Karlie boasted as she high-fived her teammate.

"We'll crush 'em." Cara assured Taylor as they ran off to their side.

"Like grapes." Taylor pounded a fist into her palm, trying to come off as threatening, but failed miserably.

"Grapes?"

"Yeah," she looked at Cara expectantly. "Like when you make wine?"

Cara patted her shoulder. "I'll handle the trash-talking."

The game started off with Cara passing to Taylor. Running faster than anyone had expected, Taylor speed off to the other side.

"Well," Martha mumbled as Karlie chased after her. "She is Taylor Swift after all."

Karlie, ever the cheater, plucked the disc right from her hands and quickly threw it to an awaiting Martha.

"If they can play dirty," Taylor turned to Cara as the other team scored a goal. "Then so can we."

Karlie and Martha were three points ahead when Cara and Taylor started pulling out the tricks. As Karlie moved to throw to Martha, Taylor leaped onto her back to distract as Cara stole the frisbee.