Chapter 1: Tutoring

"Excuse me!" Raven shouted, dodging a group of students in the hall, rushing out of her taming magical creatures class.

She was on her way back to her dorm because she got the "lucky" task of Apple tutoring her for princess studies, the only class she stuggles in. So, Apple, being the goody-two shoes she is, asked Headmaster Grimm to help her with her grades, and he assigned them two hours of after school tutoring, every other day for the next two weeks.

Raven set down all her books and papers on the ground of her hallway and took out her dorm key in the front zipper of her backpack. She unlocked the door and Apple was already sitting patiently on her bed, books and pencils everywhere.

    She turned her head over to Raven's direction, "Oh! Hello Raven," She sang in her annoying sing-songy voice.

"Hey, Apple," Raven rolled her eyes and threw her backpack on Apple's vanity chair, and took a seat.

Apple stared at Raven confused, before she said, "You don't look excited?" She pouted.

Raven sat up from her slouched position and sighed as if her answer  wasn't already obvious, "No offense Apple, but yeah, I'm not excited, this is the worst class of the semester," Raven started fiddling with a near by pen, "Not to mention I get to spend it with you," she grumbled under her breath.

"Hahah, very funny Raven, this class is a peice of pie! Apple pie," She giggled, exaggerating.

Raven rolled her eyes and slouched back into Apple's dainty white vanity chair, her legs propped under her backpack, while she tapped her foot.

Raven wasn't about to spend two hours every other day doing princess shit with Apple White, when she could be anywhere else.

"Earth to Raven??" Apple swung her hand around Raven's face.

"Huh? Oh sorry Apple," Raven sat up.

"Were you even listening to me?" Apple didn't let Raven answer, and instead opened her book to repeat what she was saying.

Staring at her book, she read, "A damsel in distress always needs to be saved by a prince, to make the fairy tale, hense why we have damsel in distress class!" She exclaimed.

"Blah blah blah, Apple I don't care about stupid the 'damsel in distress' thing," Raven made quotes with her fingers, "Not every royal needs a prince, or rebel for that matter."

Apple closed the book slowly and sighed disapproving, "Raven lets try to look at my notes,"

Apple motioned for Raven to join her on her bed, so both girls could be closer to each other.

Raven rolled her eyes and strolled over to where Apple was sitting on her bed to join her. She started messing with a peice of paper beside Apple's bed, which she rolled into a ball and threw up in the air and caught.

"Raven! Would you focus?!" Apple complained. She just couldn't understand what Raven found so boring about her absolute most favorite class.

"Our big mid-terms is coming up, and I'm here to help you pass, Now where did my tiara sizing paper go?" Apple asked, searching around her books.

"Okay, okaay, whatever I'll listen," Raven fake yawned.

"I thought I was the drama queen," Apple giggled at her own joke, until she looked up at Raven, "Raven?"

"Hmm?" She mumbled focusing in her paper ball.

"Is that my tiara sizing paper?" She squeaked.

Raven stood up and opened the crinckled paper, and below and behold, It was Apple's paper.

"Eh, Its more useful as a ball, don't you think?" She said, throwing the sheet at Apple and sitting back down.

"Oh silly Raven," Apple laughed, "but please, try to be serious?"

Raven sat up and covered her face with her palms.

"Apple I suck at this class, there's nothing I can do to pass," Raven groaned.

"I find that hard to believe," Apple smiled.

Apple opened her laptop and scrolled over to a web article, "Here, I found some useful information for Mid-terms,"

"How are you on 'what heels, what occasion?'"

"I didn't know there were rules for what shoes your allowed to wear," Raven sarcastically stated.

"Okay, so we need to work on that," Apple wrote down.

Raven thought the more she complained about not being smart enough to learn the course, the sooner Apple could give up on her. Although Raven did struggle with this class, she rather learn on her own then spend more time then she needs with Apple.

"Apple I'm hopeless, just don't waste your time,"

"Well aren't you a debbie-downer?" Apple enthusiastically asked, "You need to have confidence Raven!"

Raven pretended to fake gag at that statement. "Can we just end it here for today?"

Apple squinted at the clock on her bedside table, "We still have twenty minutes?"

Raven stood up from Apple's bed and began walking away, "We can have more time to be prepared for Wednesday,"

"I suppose," Apple sighed, staring at all her books and notes she spent time setting up.

"Wicked," Raven said, and slammed the dorm door shut.

Apple now sat in the empty dorm room alone, surrounded by only her tons of notes.

"I'll get her to LOVE princess studies, and hopefully think about her destiny while we are at it," she smiled to herself, cleaning off all her books off her bed.

Author's Note: HEY this story is getting updated for this first time in like a year! Im not totally re-writing this story, but I'll be fixing some paragraphs here and there I kinda hate. 9-20-22