Chapter 10: Hungover

Raven woke up to her phone alarm and she agressively groaned and slammed it off. She sat up in her bed, her makeup from the party last night smudged all over her face, and her hair in a knotty mess. She blinked a couple of times before she turned to her side to see Apple sprawled out across the room on her bed, makeup still on.

Raven decided to tip toe out of bed, not to wake Apple, and wipe off her smudged makeup and comb out her hair.

Raven's black vintage vanity was all messy from getting herself ready the night before, there were pallets and loose caps and bottles everywhere. Hanging from a small hook on the side of her vanity though, was her personally designed mask from Friday's ball. It looked stunning on display, and sparkled when the sun rise from her window shined on it.

Raven started to wipe her face, but couldn't stop thinking about last night. Her memories were kind of fuzzy, but she spent most of her time with a girl in a large red dress. She was meant to hang with Cerise and Maddie, but, for some reason she only remembered spending her time with the mystery girl.

Although Raven can't remember every detail, she remebered a kiss at the end. Why she did it? She can't even answer the question herself. The time, place and in the moment everything felt right to Raven, it was the most fun she had at a party in years, as to not being much of a party girl herself.

The only issue was she can't exactly recall who the girl she spent the night with, was.

Raven never got her name, nor asked for it, she almost thought it would ruin the fun, but looking back she regrets it.

Raven pulled out a makeup wipe and began rubbing her smeared look off her face. With the ball scattered throughout her head, it completely slipped her mind about her dress design she had to turn in and complete, so Raven decided to try to finish it and add the final touches this morning.

Raven walked over to the end of Apple's bed, and grabbed her sketchbook piled under a pile of clothes. Raven scanned the room for Apple's art supplies but didn't see it anywhere. Raven bent down and peeked under junk and clothes scattered around the room, until she gave up.

"Apple?" Raven tapped Apple's back as she sprawled out, snoring under her covers.

"Mhm?" She mumbled, not even opening her eyes.

Raven fidgeted with a loose strand of her hair from her wacky messed up bun, "Where did you put your art stuff?"

Apple suddenly shot an eye open and rolled over on her bed facing the ceiling, "It should be at the bottom of my closet," Apple turned to face Raven eye to eye, "Do you want me to help?"

"Nah, i don't want you to go to the the work of getting out of your b-"

Apple jumped out her bed and put her silky red robe on.

"Okay then," Raven sarcastically Smirked.

"OH MY GOSH," Apple got a glance of herself from her vanity mirror beside her bed, "I slept with my makeup on!"

Raven put a hand on her shoulder for reassurence, "Its okay App-"

"IT'S OKAY?" Apple spun forward facing Raven, her hands grabbing her knotty curls, "I'm gonna break out! Oh its gonna be so bad-"

"Wow, acne, its the end of the world," Raven put her hands on her hips and frowned.

"IT IS!" Apple covered her face in her palms and began to whimper, "Apple White, queen of this school, top student, with acne?"

"Apple you don't even know if your gonna break out, and I guarantee no one in this school cares about your precious little face."

Apple's eyes widened and she looked up at Raven startled.

"Sorry! That c-came off really rude!" Raven started to rub her arm.

"No- no, your right, I should just take my makeup off," Apple leaned over her vanity and splashed her face with water.

Nice going dumbass. Raven internally smacked herself in the face.

Raven trodded over to her bed awkwardly, and sat crisscross at the end of her bed. She opened Apple's sketchbook to the page she already started.