Chapter 8: Ditching and Dancing

Raven amd Cerise both arrived in the front of Briar's castle. It was dark out, but the lights shining from the castle windows and the moon, were enough to see where they were going.

Cerise parked her car and the two girls walked up the castle doors. There were two knight greeters letting each group of people in, so Cerise and Raven got in line.

"I feel so nervous I don't know why," Raven admitted.

Cerise turned to face Raven, her already pale face looking extra white from the moonlight, "You'll be okay, we can hang together the whole night."

The tall knights haulted The two girls and put their hands out to check for their invite. Raven passed them two invites and they allowed the two rebels in.

The entry was a sight to see, the marble and stone floors and pillars shined looking like it was sparkling, with the bright disco lights making a glare on the already shiny floors. There were large tables in the back with punch and snacks, lined with velvet table cloths and gold ropes. There was a large dance floor with a massive dj booth in the back, that Melody Piper was playing at. The room was stunning.

"Maddie!" Cerise called.

Raven turned around to see Maddie skipping toward them in a unique yet colorful gown. It was easy to recognize Maddie in a room full of probably hundreds of people. 

"The place is really packed," Maddie spoke over the loud music, dodging dancing couples.

"Well, lets not split up-"

"WHAT?" Maddie interrupted.

Raven and Cerise looked at each other then looked back for Maddie, "The music's pretty loud, lets not split up-" Cerise repeated herself.

"Where's Maddie?" Raven jerked around and started scanning the room.

"She was right here.." Cerise covered her face in her palms.

Raven spun around and started scanning the food tables, without moving, so she could stay beside Cerise. Cerise set her hand on Raven's shoulder, causing Raven to jump and spin around.

"We'll find her later, she's probably with Kitty or another friend."

Raven smiled and nodded, the two girls dodged their way over to the drink table, the large gold mantle had silk cloths and ribbons, along with punch bowls, of course.

"Try some of the fruit punch,"

Raven and Cerise looked over their shoulders to their right, where Sparrow, (without his masqueade mask on,) was leaning against the table.

"Okay?" Raven rolled her eyes and reached out for a cup without thinking, before Cerise grabbed her wrist stopping her in the air. Raven looked over to her easing an eyebrow, "What did you do to it Sparrow?" Cerise questioned him, puting her other hand on her hip.

"Nothing! Briar would loose her shit if she knew I messed with her party supplies." He took a sip of his drink in his red plastic cup.

Cerise, still not convinced, let go of Raven's hand, making her fall foward a little, catching herself. Sparrow walked away into the crowd.

"Where is his mask anyway?" Cerise muttered not leaving her eyes of him as he walked away.

Raven took a cup of her own and filled it with the red sweet punch, "Relax Cerise, its good,"

"He definetly spiked it," she butted in, staring into the crowd of people dancing.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Apple? Where are you going?" Ashlynn called.

Apple turned around to her, "I'll let you and Hunter dance, I'm going to find Daring," She giggled.

"WHAT?" Ashlynn called, about 10 feet away, she couldn't hear well over the bass boosted tunes.

"Nevermind, be right back!" Apple giggled, and jogged off.

Apple twisted and ducked from people dancing and laughing in the crowd, until she spotted a tall blonde prince dancing across the room. Daring told Apple beforehand he will be wearing a large blue fur coat, so she'll be able to spot him with a mask on in a huge crowd.

As Apple got closer and maneuvered her way through the dancing crowds, she saw Daring wasn't alone.

Daring and Rosabella have gotten closer and closer ever since last winter. Daring reassured Apple they were just friends, but Apple also had a gut feeling there could be more going on, but she was never outward about it. Apple was never officially dating Daring, but she knew one day they were going to be together forever, and that they were going to follow their given destinies, plus, Daring asked Apple to be his date for the ball.

And there he was, but he wasn't dancing with Apple, he was with a brunette girl, (which she could guess be none other than Rosabella,) they were both laughing and spinning each other around. Apple was shocked at what she saw, but more or less shocked about how happy they looked. Daring was truly enjoying himself which made Apple even more disapointed and feeling set-up. 

Apple stood still in the crowd, just watching the couple giggle and dance about 15 ft away, her face sunk, and she couldn't do anything other then stand and stare.

Apple needed to pull it together, Daring cared so much about their destiney, he wouldn't change it for the world, or atleast Apple kept telling herself this.

Apple finally snapped out of it and walked off to the dance floor. She couldn't find any of her friends and no one seemed recognizable with their gowns and costumes. Apple made her way to a small empty table decorated with flowers and a dainty table cloth, and took a seat.