Chapter 13: Peace and Quiet

Free period. Apple walked out of her Student counseling class and rushed out to the gardens of Ever After high.

Apple naturally loved outdoors, plants, and creatures, It was who Apple was, and part of her destiny, and really, her one free period a day was the most free time she gets to herself, considering she is so involved in many clubs and activities. Apple walked out the front doors of the school, and walked along the perimeter of the building, until she saw a big black gate, the entrance to the enchanted gardens.

Apple slightly pushed open the doors, which easily opened, revealing a large fountain centerpiece, along with trees, benches, and flowers. The place was well shaded, almost mysterious like, and had absolutely no one there.

Occasionally, Darling used to spend a lot of time here, but she started to explore larger, and more dangerous, forests on her own. Rosabella used to come here too, she'd sit against one of the large oak trees and write in a diary, but now she hangs out with Daring, and writes. hm, Daring. Apple still hadn't decided what to do about him.

Apple has always been very stressed about classes and clubs, but recently, her destiny. She has always been uncertain about her destiny, considering Raven wasn't all that evil, but now Daring too? Apple felt like her future was crumbling beneath her. 

Apple walked over to one of the large oak trees, and took a seat. She pulled her knees up to her chest, and buried her head. She had so much on her mind, the ball, Daring, her grades, her mother, her destiny, and Raven.

Apple felt the slight breeze on her exposed legs, and she heard the noise of the leaves bristling against each other. A sharp creak escaped the gates, and Apple's head quickly turned over. A tall silhouette, started to walk over, without a doubt, she knew right away who It was, "Raven?" Apple called out, except her calling was almost whispering, she was tired and exhausted.

Raven peered around examining the garden, Apple could tell shes never been here, and soon Raven spotted Apple across the field, and jogged over to her, "Oh Apple! I've been looking everywhere for you! Ashlynn told me you sometimes come her-"

"What do you need?" Apple interrupted, in a monotone voice, not even looking up at Raven standing above her.

"Apple?" Raven sat infront of her, criss-cross.

"I'm sorry, Raven, I'm just not in the mood right now, I've got so much on my mind-"

Raven stared silently, observing Apple as she ranted. She looked distressed, like she hasn't slept. It really hasn't occurred to Raven she felt like this, she always puts on her happy energetic 'Apple' cover, but in reality, she didn't understand that being so, well- perfect wasn't as easy as Apple made it look.

"I can't even understand where Daring is coming from, last time I talked to him, he-"

Raven's hands started shaking, how is she supposed to bring up the masquerade ball now? Apple was getting things off her chest, and now Raven's plan wasn't going to work. Raven's mind was running around everywhere. The more Apple spoke, the more anxious Raven got, and she was never anxious to talk to Apple. Her palms started to sweat and she just sat there, not listening to a word Apple was saying.

"Apple I think I spent the night with you at the ball." Raven suddenly blurted out. Apple looked up at Raven in the eye, and just stared at her.

Raven felt stupid, God, your so dumb Raven, She thought to herself. She could feel her heart beating fast, "I- uh, Well- I didn't mean, sorry- I-"

"I think so too," Apple quietly responded, she rested her chin back onto her knees, and avoided eye contact, tired, and careless.

Raven was now the one staring, her face redder than a tomato, she didn't plan and what to say now, she expected Apple to be confused, this almost made Raven feel dumber than she was that Apple realized this too, "I-uh I saw your dress in your wardrobe, and I kinda put the dots together, but-I I didn't know at the time-"

Apple let out a soft gentle laugh, as she started picking with the grass, avoided eye contact with each other, "of course you didn't know it was me at the time, I didn't know it was you either,"

Raven noticed her tone, it was soft, almost comforting, there was something different about it, Raven was sweating everywhere, and she fidgeted with her nails back and forth, she couldn't think of what to say, "Oh, yeah! Of course we didn't know it was each other, or we- uh, wouldn't be having this conversation, duh, uh-"

"Are you nervous Raven?"