Chapter 2: Invites

"I don't know if I can STAND, another one of Apple's tutor sessions," Raven rested her chin in her palm and leaned on the cafeteria table.

"Are you sure, your not being, well- dramatic?" Cerise managed to get out, without completely siding with Apple.

"Dramatic!?" Raven sat up and stabbed her fork into her fresh apple.

"Well, okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic," she blushed, "but you aren't there! Shes always way too positive it's unnatural, and she just talks, and talks, and t-"

"OO! Let me guess! Uh? Talks!!" Maddie giggled.

"Right," Raven agreed, "I mean, I dunno, would you like to be there?"

"No, not one bit," Cerise snickered, "But hopefully it'll bring your grade up,"

Briar spotted the group across the lunchroom and bolted over to them with her hands full of balloons, decorations, and streamers.

"Oh, My goodness! I nearly forgot to invite you guys!" Briar panted, "8:00 pm, Friday, my place, we're gonna blow the roof off my place!"

The three rebels turned their heads from their own conversation and now was curious about what Briar was on about.

"What's all the decorations for? You've got all week before the party?" Raven asked.

Briar smirked as if she knew something Raven didn't.

"Oh, these, its not just any old one of my parties, its my yearly masquerade ball! Last year we rented a diner, but it was NOT up to what it can be this year!" Briar squealed, "my mother's grand entrance in her castle is not only HUGE but, glamorous! I'm just so stoked!"

"Woah, sounds wicked," Raven smiled.

"Any way we can help?" Cerise asked.

"Well, I do have a lot to do, if you guys aren't busy, you can come over Wednesday after school to help decorate the dance floor," briar said, pulling out her giant schedule crossing of plans and days.

"Well, you certainly got a lot on your plate, we'll totally be there," Cerise assured.

"I can't thank you guys enough! See you later!" Briar waved, while dashing off to another lunch table.

"Wow, I guess Briar is going all out this year," Raven said, breaking the silence.

"I mean, Briar has always been WackO about parties! But this years gonna be great!" Maddie exclaimed.

*Ding*

"Ugh that's the bell," Raven picked up her lunch tray and stood up from her lunch table, "I'll see you guys later." Raven smiled, and started to head to her next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I mean she's Okay to work with, just needs a push!" Apple laughed.

"I think its sweet you offered to help with her studies," Ashlynn replied, "Its not everyday someone like you is there to help."

Apple set down her books and homework on a large open table at the library, Ashlynn right next to her.

"I have another session with her tomorrow, and perhaps she just needs more material, good thing I have plenty of time here today to resear-"

"SHHHH" the evil step librarians yelled from across the library, both girls ignoring them.

"You really are passionate about helping her, shes lucky to have you around," Ashlynn leaned over and Whispered into Apple's ear.

"Just doing what I can!" Apple proudly replied, much louder than normal.

"SHHHH" the step librarians screamed.

Both royals giggled and silently started to get started on their own work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alrighty class! Settle down, settle down," Madam Slippers called.

She spun around the room til she reached the door and gracefully closed it, "Today, for heel studies I'll be assigning this semester's project."

"Ooooo! I can't wait!" Ashlynn giggled from her desk.

"Woopie," Raven sarcasticly muttered.

This semester, headmaster Grimm assigned Raven more, "Queen like" royal classes to help her prepare for her destiny, besides her taking her mostly "evil classes". Raven can't help but feel confused and stressed from not being able to remember tiara sizes and what color clashes with turquoise.

"I will be judging your creative skills this week, giving full creative power to, you!" Madam slipper exclaimed, pacing around her desk.

"You each must create a design for an evening wear gown, and the winner gets their dress professionally made,"

Squeals and hollers came from each girl at their desk, even Raven.

"Oh this is just perfect! I'm into fashion? How hard can this be!" Raven turned over to Lizzie Hearts, who sits eight next to her.

"Well, Raven," Lizzie nervously laughed, "I just don't think Madam will be, well- into your designs?"

"What do mean?"

"Well, headmaster Grimm only put you in all these royal classes to help to bring out your royal side of your, well- rebel self."

"Oh No, another failed class!" Raven smacked her hand in her face, and fell onto her desk.

"Well its not that bad! Just make something more- girly" Lizzie reassured, patting her back.

"Lizzie, I need your help, your like- a fashion designer! Could you draw my design?" Raven made puppy eyes at Lizzie.

Lizzie frownd and crossed her arms at Raven's horrible attempt of persuading her.

"Raven, I would love to, but you see, if I made your design, well what if its realllly good!" Lizzie nervously managed to make up her mind, "and if madam ALSO reallly likes the de-"

"Then MY design, which is really YOUR design would win," Raven sighed.

"Yes," Lizzie more confidently agreed, "I'm sorry, but I cannot help you, I'm in it for myself" Lizzie stood up from her desk and parted ways.

"Why'd I even ask her," Raven slouched in her seat, "She's ALL about the competition," she said to herself.

"Raven!" Apple squeaked, jogging across the classroom.

Raven shot up and saw Apple staring down at her.

"Woah, you scared me, Apple," Raven mumbled.

"This project is a Pefect opportunity for me to help you with for our tutor sessions!" She assured.

Raven eyes shot open and quickly tried to think of a way to say no, "Oh uhhh, I was actaully thinking of doing it on my own, alone," Raven fake smiled.

"Oh silly, I heard you ask Lizzie for help!" Apple grabbed Raven's hand and helped her out of her seat, "This will be so fun!"

"Thrilling," Raven groaned.