Chapter 7: Closer then ever

It was finally Friday after school, and Raven opened the door to her dorm room, and as always, Apple was sitting on her bed, all her work and papers ready to begin.

Raven walked over to Apple's vanity stool and slouched back in it, leaning on the vanity stand.

"So, besides having to finish your design for class, we also have to keep studying for our upcoming test," Apple pulled out a large binder of notes she took.

Raven, unamused, started to mess around with some of the makeup products on Apple's vanity display.

"Okay," Apple started, staring at her thick binder, "lets start with a simple question, gold or silver crown?"

"Silver, I like it better," Raven replied, not looking up, still fidgeting with her lip glosses.

"No?" Apple replied, shocked as if that was common sense. Gold is always 1st, silver and bronze means lower class," Apple corrected, disapointed.

"How about we work on what color is for each seas-"

"Can I do your eyeliner?" Raven turned around to Apple, holding up one of her liquid liners.

"W-what? Now-"

"C'mon! Lighten up a little Apple, we can practice for the ball tonight," Raven said, trying to convince her.

Apple hesitated staring at Raven fiddling with the black tube, "I not even much of an eyeliner person compared to you anyway,"

"I need a break from all your sessions," Raven joked.

"Fine, but make it quick," Apple crossed her arms, giving in.

Raven stood up and walked over to Apple's bed, sitting criss-cross directly across from Apple, who was sitting more lady-like with her legs by her side.

"Close your eyes," Raven said, she rested her other hand on the side of Apple's cheek to hold herself still while she started on her first eye, "This position isn't working, lay down."

"Jeez, pushy much?" Apple jokingly said, while laying her back down on her bed.

Raven sat on her feet and kneeled down beside her trying to find a good place to stop the wing, before straddling over her to get a better veiw of her eye. Raven was so focused on not messing up, but Apple kept purposely blinking just to annoy Raven, which also ended up making Raven laugh.

"STOP BLINKING." Raven yelled, but couldn't keep her face straight.

"A girl has to blink!"

"YOUR EYES ARE CLOSED," Raven laughed.

Apple wasn't disappointed to miss tutor time, she was enjoying herself with Raven, her soft hands gently holding up her chin, she could tell Raven was trying to be extra careful which she thought was kind.

"Done," Raven closed the lid on the eyeliner and looked back to veiw her work.

Apple sat up being face to face with Raven, "did you add too much?"

"No! I mean no- don't worry," Raven handed Apple a mirror.

"Oh, wow, its really good," Apple admired herself in the hand-held mirror, "thanks."

Raven smirked of accomplishment, before getting off the bed to put the makeup away.

*knock*

Apple and Raven both turned their heads to their dorm doors as they heard a knock, "come in," Raven answered.

Briar walked in, along with Ashlynn standing by the door, "sorry to interrupt, but Apple was going to get ready with me and Ash before the party together,"

"Oh yeah! Daring is going to meet me there," Apple leaped off her bed.

"Did you do your makeup?" Briar squinted, examining Apple's look.

"No, Raven did." Apple smiled back at Raven, who just stood there.

"Well I can see your getting a lot of work done here," Briar joked, Apple rolled her eyes and left with the three of them.

Raven grinned as the watched the three girls leave the room. Gosh I'm such a dork she thought.

Raven went to her wardrobe to find her big black ball gown she hung up to change into after she did her hair and makeup. She searched around in her closet till she found a big velvet black box she pulled out.

Raven opened the box revealing her bedazzled black and purple feathered mask. She got it professionally designed and it looked beautiful. She tried it on in the mirror and it covered almost her whole forehead, feathers, jewels, and glitter everywhere, Raven was sure she would make a statement.

When Raven would finish her hair, makeup, and get dressed, she'll have Cerise pick her up, and then they'll arrive at the ball.