Chapter 12: Self-denial

Raven took a seat in her Magic and spells class first period, she sat at a tall, dark oak table, with her lab buddy, Cerise.

"Alright class, today I'm going to let you all continue your experiments with ginger dust. Remember, tomorrow morning you'll present your experiments," The professor announced from his desk.

The whole class began to talk among themselves, leaving Raven and Cerise to themselves.

"Okay, so maybe we can sprinkle in some of the ginger dust with pixie dust, what do you think Raven?" Cerise turned her head to face Raven from her stool.

"Huh? Oh, yeah thats good," Raven gave a fake reassuring smile to Cerise.

Raven hasn't been herself since yesterday. Was she just supposed to ignore she might have kissed Apple white 2 days ago? and possibly enjoyed it? Okay scratch that. 

Raven couldn't stop thinking about Apple's dress all last night. The girl the met just couldn't have been Apple, at least, Raven kept telling herself that.

Cerise started to mix the two substances together, slowly stirring not to cause an explosion. She rested her elbow on the table and her chin in her palm, "What else do you th-"

"Cerise I need your help," Raven blurted out.

Startled, Cerise turned her whole body to face Raven, and set her mixing spoon down, "Are you okay?"

Raven fidgeted with her nails, and refused to make eye contact, "Its just- this girl, at the party-  Shes not who I thought- or I-"

Cerise squeezed Raven's hand, which forced Raven to look up at Cerise, "Is this about Apple somehow?" Cerise raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Raven's eyes widened and she whipped her hand out of Cerise's reach, "No! Well, yes! Kinda, how did you know?" Raven blushed.

Cerise giggled, "Because she's all you talk about? Apple this- Apple that-"

"Do I really talk about her that much? I can barely stand her," Raven's face turned beet red, 'I think...' She mumbled to herself.

Raven was embarrassed she spoke about Apple as much as she did, whether is was nice things or not. why hasn't she realized this earlier?  

Raven took a deep breath, "I met this amazing girl at the masquerade ball Friday, and we instantly clicked. We spent the entire night together, and even kissed," Raven blushed.

"I don't see how this is a bad thing?.." Cerise frowned.

Raven started to fidget with her hair, "Well, I can't seem to remember at all who the girl was, that is until I noticed the same dress she wore in Apple's wardrobe."

Raven cringed, and waited for a response.

Cerise's raised eyebrow suddenly went back down as she connected the dots, "oh," she finally spoke.

"Oh?! Oh is all you can say?" Raven blurted out, which caused a couple of her classmates to stare for a second.

"Jeez, I'm sorry Raven I-"

Raven took a deep breath, "Look, i'm just frustrated and I don't want to come to the realization I had fun with, Apple White that night."

"You know," Cerise looked up at Raven, "Apple could be feeling the exact same way as you, It could be best just to straight up talk to her about all this,"

Raven covered her face with her hands in frustration, "But what if she doesn't remember! She was definitely not sober,"

"Well are you just gonna sit here and never find out?" Cerise patted her back.

"Debating it."

Cerise rolled her eyes and finished mixing up their project, "I say, its best to just get the truth out,"

"You're one to talk," Raven sat up and glared at Cerise's hood.

Self-conscious, Cerise blushed and frowned, "At least I'm not the one denying she has feelings for Apple White."

"Do Not!" Raven shot back, "Seriously though," her face turned red.

*Ring*

Cerise sat up and began packing her stuff up for next class, "Tell me all the details," She smirked.

Raven bit her lip, and prepared for the worst.