Chapter 14: Moment of Happiness

Apple still hasn't looked up once at Raven, she sat calmed and relaxed by the tree, still picking at the grass.

"What?" Raven asked, dumbfounded. Of course she was nervous but, what was Apple getting at?

There was a short silence. Apple took a deep breath, "You were so different at the party, alive, ambitious, and happy, you even kissed me and told me to pretend it was from Daring," at this, Apple laughed a little, "But that was only because it wasn't me." Apple's face was covered mostly by her bouncy curls, but you could tell in the strain of her voice, she was upset.

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong Raven, I thought you would like my tutor sessions, It seems as no matter what I do you can't stand me. And I've noticed."

Raven sat upright, taking in everything Apple was saying, looking at her the whole time, "Oh Apple," Raven set her hand on Apple's knee for comfort, "I really don't think your like that-"

"I know," Apple spoke up, "that's why your here, talking to me, that's why you always show up at tutoring, that's why we had fun at the ball, that's why you blush every time you talk to me, I don't get it Raven,"

"I Suppose I don't understand why its the worst thing in the world for you to get along with me."

Raven removed her hand from Apple's knee, and Raven herself, couldn't even answer the question. Did she like Apple? Of course she did, but as much as Raven says she hates Apple's stupid little tutor classes, she always did like them, her name was always in Raven's mouth, because Raven would complain, and complain, about Apple, but she never really got annoyed or hated her. Why was Raven like this?

A long silence stood between the two girls, they both haven't looked up at each other, "I'm sorry, Apple, I didn't mean to make you feel so confused and make you feel like such shit, I came to the tutoring sessions for you, whether I want to admit to it or not," Raven started to turn beet red again, and she started to fidget with anything in sight, "And to be honest I-I had a lot of fun at the party, and I- well- I,"

"Your cute when your nervous," Apple was now facing right at Raven, a large grin appeared on her face, Raven on the other hand was red, confused, and stressed.

"I-what?"

Apple kept on smiling but was messing with the grass again, "I enjoyed the ball with you, meaning I enjoyed the kiss, also meaning I enjoyed-"

Raven cut her off by leaning in and kissing Apple, It was different then the first kiss, (They didn't I even realize was with each other) It very passionate, but Apple's lips were so soft, and gentle, Raven felt too rough on her porcelain skin. Raven put her hands against Apple's jawline, and she felt much more nervous about this kiss, was she too rushed? Or rough? She's never felt this way with Dexter, or anyone.

Raven eventually separated herself for air, and Apple gazed into Raven's eyes, And she just smiled, like she always does.

"Did I do something wrong?" Raven felt judged.

"Not at all," Apple rested her head right onto Raven's shoulder, her body was squeezed right against Raven, they could both hear each others heartbeats, and breath.

Both girls sat in silence. They had no idea what tomorrow would bring them, or their Destiny's, or their future, but they both new at the moment, they were the happiest they both had been in a long time.