Chapter 9: Dance the night away

Apple quietly tapped her foot under the table to the beat of the music blasting. She messed with her beaded bracelets and jewelry on her wrists. She had a cup of punch she slowly sipped and sulked at the table, having her elbows rest her head in her palms.

"Lost your friends too?"

Apple's body jerked up and she tilted her head upwards to see who spoke to her, a dark silhouette came from the corner into the light where Apple could see them.

A girl, with a black poofy gown appeared, she had a sparkly and feathery mask which covered almost her whole face.

Apple, who was studying the girl, almost forgot to answer her question, "Oh, I was just tired, thats all." she fidgeted with her cup, embarrassed of being ditched.

Without looking back up, Apple felt a pair of eyes looking at her, "Let me guess, boy issues?"

Apple's eyebrows rose and she stared back up at the girl, "how did you know?"

"Lucky guess," The girl put her hand out for Apple to grab, which she did hesitantly, and she pulled Apple into the crowd to dance.

"Where are we going?" Apple's voice got high, she stumbled through people but followed the mysterious girl.

"To dance, duh, I can't find my friends so your my best bet, now tell me," the girl let go of Apple's hand and started to dance a bit with the crowd, "What he do?"

"W-who?" Apple looked around, unsure about wanting to dance.

The mystery girl giggled at her stupidity, "Ugh, are you out of it? The boy!" The girl sarcastically rolled her eyes.

Apple started to dance slowly, copying the groups around her, "Oh, he just kinda showed up with another girl."

"What a jackass."

Apple's eyes shot up making eye contact with the girl, but then she looked away, briefly nodding. Her voice soundly slightly familiar, but the music was cranked so loud, she could barely hear her anyway. 

Apple was awkwardly trying to move and dance a little, copying the people around her, until her arm was grabbed and her body was pulled in, "Lighten up, my friends ditched me too, your boyfriend seems pretty bitchy, so let's not let them ruin the night." The girl slyly half-smiled at her, kinda awkward, but Apple couldn't help but notice something confusing about the girl's eyes, but she couldn't put a finger on it.

Apple went with the flow of the girl's dancing, which was quite good. She swung her around, and guided Apple. She began to forget all about Daring and was living up the moment.

Apple lost track of time for the night, between dancing, having some drinks, and laughing, she was really enjoying the party. She was almost wondering if she would have had as much fun with Daring.

Apple couldn't tell if she was tired, but with the loud beats, and constant dancing she felt pretty whoosy and out of it, "I'm gonna do something crazy," the girl warned.

Both girls were on the dance floor, with about their 5th cup of punch, and blisters all over their feet.

Before Apple could say anything, the girl dipped her forward the spun her completely inward and out, "Woah," Apple laughed.

"The fear in your eyes were priceless," the two girls began to laugh hysterically.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Either the crowd was getting bigger, or Apple was starting to get sleepy, but she started to block out the screaming and laughing of the crowds and loud bass of the music, all her attention was on the girl. As they spun each other, danced, and laughed. The large crowd was singing and yelling, and the party was pretty out of hand.

"Hey, I never exactly got your nam-"

But Apple was cut off by being dipped down and pulled on for a kiss. It wasn't like a passionate and rough kiss she normally had with Daring, but it was gentle, her lips were soft, but it was also full of desire and bits of passion. It was nothing she ever experienced before. Apple's palms were sweaty as she held on to the girl's shoulder's for support.

The girl finally pulled Apple back up, her hands still on Apple's waist, "It's late, I gotta go, but that was your goodnight kiss," she slowly started to back away from Apple, she looked back saying, "Just pretend it was from your boyfriend."

Apple watched her disapear into the moving crowd, which was also growing smaller by the minute. Apple's face blushed a bright pink on her pale face, Her eyes were getting droopy, and she needed to get home. She hoped no one noticed how much of a mess she was. 

"Apple? Is that you?!"

Apple turned her head around slowly, still dazed from the spiked punch and kiss, "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Ashlynn grabbed her shoulder, examining her.

"Yeah, I just need to sleep,"

Ashlynn smiled in agreement, "let's get home."