12. Scouting the Enemies.

Kiyo POV

"sss~"

Huh?

"Hisssss~"

I woke up only to hear some strange voices.

As I got out of the tent I was sleeping in and looked around I saw a snake moving slowly towards the girls tent.

"And I thought it was Hashimoto..." I muttered to myself before picking up a branch from the ground as I closed in on the snake.

"Hissss~" As I was around 5 metres behind one of the girls tent opened.

Unfortunately it was the same tent in front of which the snake was.

The person who peeked out was Kamuro. As she peeked out she noticed me standing alone.

"Wh-What are you d-doing?" She asked me in a low voice not wanting to wake anyone else up. Looks like she has yet to notice the snake.

'He looks even scarier in the dark...' Kamuro thought.

Instead of saying anything else I moved forwards and swung the branch at the snake.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" Kamuro screamed as she covered her head with her arms.

"Wh-What happened!?" one of the many girls who woke up asked the trembling Kamuro who just pointed towards me.

I just picked up the now dead snake and showed it to the girl.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!" She too screamed as she zipped up the tent where the others tried to calm them down.

From the boys tent Yahiko came out followed by some of my other classmates.

"Wh-What's happening?" he also questioned.

Everyone just keeps on asking the same question... Getting a bit irritated, I just threw the dead snake at him.

As the snake landed on his shoulder and Yahiko finally realised what it is, his eyes widened and he fainted at the spot.

As he laid on the ground I bent towards him and picked him up. Carrying him back towards my other classmates.

"Ayanokoji, care to explain what happened?" Katsuragi who was standing at the tent's entrance asked me.

"Snake happened." I said and everyone glanced at Hashimoto who just came out of the tent.

"I-I didn't do anything!" Hashimoto said waving his arms.

"Snake... Not snekk" I said clearing the misunderstanding.

"It's almost time for roll call, I'll explain it later." I said pointing towards Mashima sensei who was calling us for the morning roll call.

After that I explained to them about the events that happened a few moments ago.

Many sighed in relief as there wasn't any major problem.

"Still I wonder why are there snakes on the island, isn't that dangerous?"

"Yeah, shouldn't the school be more careful?"

My classmates voiced out their complaints.

Of course its natural for there to be snakes on an uninhabited island like the one we are currently on.

But that doesn't change the fact that there should be measures taken for the safety of the students.

"Actually, the snake was defanged. So it's basically harmless." I told them.