14. The End Of The Island Exam

Kiyo POV

It's finally the last day of our 7 day long special exam. I woke up a little earlier than usual to go around the island and check out some things.

My first destination being Class B's base camp.

I took out the binoculars, which I took back from Hashimoto and sat on top of a tree as I wait for the students to wake up.

I hope no one notices me, I'd rather not be branded off as a pervert.

Hashimoto probably thought of the same thing when I gave him the task to find out Class B's leader....

After waiting for around 30 minutes they started to wake up one by one. My target also came out of the girls tent soon enough. After noticing her presence, I decided to head for my next destination which is Class C's base camp.

As expected, the atmosphere in their base camp was quite gloomy.

There was visible tension between the girls and the boys of the class.

The girls tent had been moved far away from the boys tents. The shower was also placed near the girls tents, it seems like they aren't allowing the boys to use it.

All the students had looks of despair. Well given the 80 points they have lost due to Horikita and Koenji it isn't something I had not expected.

The boy named Hirata looked even more gloomy and was sitting a bit away from the others holding his head in his hands.

"Kiyotaka?" A voice called out to me as one of the students noticed my presence. It was Kushida, the person who's presence I'd wanted to confirm.

Kushida was sitting beside some other of her female classmates. Soon enough I'd gained the attention of all those girls.

It'll be hard to leave quickly now... that'll make them pretty suspicious of me .

I decided it would be best that I greet them and try to leave after that.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" Kushida asked me as I got closer to them.

"I was just strolling around as I woke up earlier than I'd thought, it was hard sleeping again as the tent was uncomfortable." I replied to her as I got closer to the group of girls.

The tent we'd set up weren't much uncomfortable as we'd used the same strategy of laying down leaves under the tent. It wasn't as good as a mattress, but it was much better than sleeping on the hard ground.

"Perhaps Ayanokoji-Kun got here to see Kikyo-Chan?" One of the girls asked me in a teasing tone.

I wasn't looking anyone in the eyes so that they won't be scared of me, surprising as it may be, it worked to some extent as the girls were conversing with me normally.

"That... isn't wrong." I said, it was a good excuse, it won't be much suspicious if I was here to meet my girlfriend.

After that the girls proceeded to tease Kushida, causing her to blush a little.

They did try to tease me too, not that it worked.

The girls had gotten a lot more cheerful as we conversed. They weren't thinking about the ongoing exam and the results anymore. We talked about trivial things, ignoring the class competition and rankings.

Maybe I've gotten a little too much involved in the fight between classes...

'Is it really necessary for me to lead the class?' 'Can't I just sit back and relax?'