Chapter Two

(Gion)

(In his room alone)

I sat on the bed, exhausted and deep in thought, still thinking about Lena's face as she ran out. I recalled Gina talking to me all those years of the Germany siblings' distant relationship. Reflecting on the incidents she discussed with me about, I felt a sudden revulsion against Leon. Some of Leon's behaviour was clearly uncalled for.

I had thought he was sensible, but he didn't have a sense of how to treat girls right. Besides, no girl should be treated that way, I pondered. Especially ones that looked like angels, I blushed, then chided myself for thinking that way. She had changed so much from the ten-year-old girl I last saw her as. Even age didn't make her less pretty than five years ago. In fact, it made her look fresher. She was always positively shining.

I wasn't there when she had her major fallout with Leon, but I recalled comforting Gina as she stayed up till late night worrying about her dear friend.

I thought about how Lena's hair fell perfectly on her shoulders, and how her eyes gave off a feeling that she was daring yet gentle. How she looked so beautiful in her uniform. How she welcomed every adventure given to her with glee. She was refreshing to be around, like a bout of fresh air.

Knock! Knock! Someone was making a racket outside. Can I even get peace for a second? Even for my daydreams of my childhood friend? I fixed my scowl in place and opened his door, expecting to see the group of not-deserving-to-be-princes clowns.

Instead, I found my sister. "Ah, Gina. What do you need?" my scowl was replaced by a loving smile. Too bad no one ever got to see it except Gina. Gina was wringing her hands nervously, like she wasn't sure if I would agree to whatever she was going to request.

"Hi big brother! Uh, I was just wondering...if I could borrow your credit card? Because I wanted to bring Lena, Su Jung and Neelam shopping, but I left mine at my dorm room in Poposi..." Gina said sheepishly, fidgeting with the end of her skirt.

"Ah, of course you can, my dear Gina," I replied warmly, beaming, like I always did when I was with Gina, "Would you need someone to help you carry the shopping bags? I can send someone down if you need."

Maybe that good for nothing Ciel can finally be useful about something. I smirked.

"Ah! I was wondering..if you could come with us? Because it's Lena's birthday soon, and I uh, want to pick out a birthday present for her, and I thought you could help me create a distraction for me to find a present for her..... and um, she seems to like having your company too... " So do I.

Gina flushed and blurted, "I know my request is absurd and you are really busy, it's really okay if you don't want to go though! I can still get Ciel to come and help me, so sorry for disturbing you, Brother." She made a move to close the door, with her face all red. I stuck my leg in the way and replied,

"Nonsense, what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Great, I can meet Leon's sister again. Gina blinked, surprised by my enthusiastic response, but she grinned nonetheless because she knew something was up.

"I was friends with Lena when we were young, after all," I said, not wanting her to think about that.

She smiled knowingly and exclaimed, "Let's go fetch the others!"