Chapter Twenty

I'm back. And yes, I'm not dead! Sorry for breaking my promise of publishing before the year ends - can I ever gain your trust again? I have to add that since YT and TX rarely adds to the story anymore, it's been more stressful alone. Not that we stopped being friends or anything, it's just that as of now, I'm continuing this story by myself since they need to focus on their studies more. Don't worry, I'll continue the story. I'll take this to the end if that's the last thing I do. I love all the support and love that I've been given in this journey - it has gained me confidence that I will not have felt if I never posted this story.

However, I hope all of you will understand if I don't have a fixed posting schedule again, because honestly I don't know when I'll be able to publish, or whether I can stick to my once-every-two-weeks updates. This year is a very important year for me in my studies, so I appreciate if you understand my need to focus on my education. I'll try my best to deliver another chapter by the end of this month. If not, we might have to go back to the once-a-month updates. I'm dreadfully sorry.

This chapter is more of a boring kind, but I hope everyone can be patient while I work on the next chapter - which will definitely be more exciting. Though there will be displays of violence inside, I'll leave you to guess what it may be.

(Leon)

Our two hours' search was in vain. Charles was hunched over a piece of map, trying to figure out isolated zones where the princesses and Prince Gion might be held hostage in. Yet, he, like the rest of us, had an exasperated look on his face.

"Nothing," Alexis reported, much to everyone's disappointment. "It's like they disappeared into thin air," Albert says, a pair of spectacles on his face, a laptop on his lap. Everyone's eyes instantly landed on me. I shrugged, at a loss of what to do.

Suddenly, a phone rang. My brown orbs darted around until I find the source of the sound - Charles' phone.

He frowned, flashing his phone at all of us. The caller ID was unknown. We paused for a while at the unasked question - should we answer it? For all we knew, it could be involved with the others' kidnaping. But then again, it could be a trap.

"Just answer it," Ciel said, and I'd rarely seen such determination on his face. Nods were seen afterwards. Charles clicked the answer button.

Silence reigned. "Hello?" A voice on the other side was heard. "I know you're all there." Still, no one spoke.

The person on the other side of the phone let out a long sigh. "I guess I have to do this the hard way," the person drawled out, "I'm sure you already predicted, but I'm the kidnapper. I'm not sure about Prince Gion, though I'm pretty certain you'll mind if your princesses go home...a little damaged."

I took the initiative to reply first. "Where's Lena?" I demanded. A chuckle was heard. "Here," the person said, with a hint of amusement, "I do want to hurt Gion, I won't hurt his sweetheart yet though."

Ciel cut in immediately, "Sweetheart?" A pause ensued. "Strange, I thought all of you knew. I suppose he's still as secretive as ever-" "Lena and Gion are a thing now?" I interrupted, a frown creeping up my face. "Yes, no, maybe," the person answered, "It's frustrating watching them stumble around like baby birds when it comes to their romantic feelings."

Albert casted a worried glance my way. "What do you want?" he asked. "Oh, I'll return the princesses to you. After I have some fun with Prince Gion. The princesses are hostages to make sure he compels." The voice call switched to video call, and the camera was pointed towards a screen. I was about to turn off our camera when I realised that it was already turned off automatically.

Gion appeared to be talking to Neelam, Maria, Gina and Carla. A surprise noise sounded from the other side. "The sedative must've worn off right on time," the person remarked. Lena crawled towards Gina. The two girls huddled together while Gion spun towards Su Jung and Livio. "Is Livio...injured?" Felix whispered. I hadn't realise he was silent till now.

"Oh, that's nothing compared to the torture he went through during the imperial bodyguard training," the person commented casually. Imperial bodyguard training? We turned to each other with questioning stares.

"If you just want to hurt Gion, let the princesses go," I demanded, not letting my eyes stray from Lena. She looked so frightened. I might not have known her well, but I always knew how to tell when she was afraid or upset.

"Why would I? They're the only leverage I have to make Prince Gion cooperate. Well, Gina and Lena at least," the man answered, his tone casual as if he wasn't the one who kidnapped six princesses, a prince and a bodyguard.

Without warning, Charles clicked the end call button. "Hey!" Albert exclaimed, turning to him.

"It's no use to continue the call," Charles replied, and I agreed with him.

"So now what do we do?" Felix looked at me.

"We wait."

And that's the end of Chapter Twenty, I can't believe I made it so far. Till the next chapter, my angels.