12. Dates and Possessive

TIME & DATE - 17:02 PM, 17th March
PLACE - Midnight Café and Bookshop
CHARACTER(S) - Huang Renjun, Lee Jeno, Na Jaemin

__________₊°•✮•°₊__________

"Hi Jaemin," Jeno breathlessly said and took a seat in front of the white-haired male. Jaemin discarded the book he was reading a few seconds ago and faced the boy who had just arrived. "Hello," he muttered. "How has your play been coming out?"

Jeno smiled brightly and took out a transparent folder. "I drafted down the plot in there and I've outlined the first few scenes. I think it's going pretty well," he explained as Jaemin scanned his papers. He nodded slowly and set the papers back on the table. "It's decent enough but there are a lot of grammar errors and most of the sentence structures aren't correct. You have the ideas and creativity but the way you put it is wrong. That's all there is to fix I guess," he said truthfully.

Jeno nodded and took the papers away from him. He might have been the tiniest bit hurt by Jaemin's brutally honest feedback but he was glad the younger didn't sugarcoat anything. But it was only the first draft, he didn't have to be so mean about it.

"Oh and since we're at a café after all, is there anything you'd like to have?" Jaemin asked the older. "One milk tea should be fine thank you," was what he replied. "Okay, I'll pay now and you can pay the next time we come here?"

Jeno smirked. "So there's a next time huh?" "Yes? Don't you think the library is too boring?" Jaemin asked. Because like, who in their right mind would rather stay in a century-old library instead of meet (one of) the love of their life at a cute café? Not Jaemin. He missed his Injunnie.

"So we'll come here for a second date?" 

Jaemin choked on air. 

Date--

"Bold of you to assume this was a date in the first place," he stated. "It looks a lot like a date though. We're both alone, at a cute little café, you're offering to pay for the food, and you're holding my hand," Jeno argued, the smirk never leaving his lips. Jaemin looked at his hand, perplexed by Jeno's last reason.

"But we're not--"

Jaemin shut up when Jeno slipped his fingers between his and intertwined them. It took a while for the white-haired male to process what Jeno was doing. When he did, he pulling his hand away as if it burned. "Ew," he muttered as Jeno laughed at his reaction. 

He sighed and went to the display of pastries. Surely enough, a sleepy Renjun was clinging onto Lucas. "Hey guys," Jaemin greeted with a smile, which Yukhei returned. "Jaems!" Renjun exclaimed loudly and exited his workspace. 

"How are you?" he asked, softly caressing the back of Jaemin's hands with his thumbs. The younger felt tingles run through his arm and his stomach felt warm.

This is how I felt when-- No.

"I'm feeling much better Injunnie, thank you for asking," Jaemin replied with a lovestruck smile on his face. "That's good to hear. Is there anything you need?"

"One milk tea and my usual please." Renjun nodded and told the younger that he would call him when his drinks were ready. Jaemin thanked him and returned to Jeno.

"Who was that cutie you were talking to?" Jeno asked, his eyes never leaving the boy using the coffee machine. "He's off-limits," Jaemin grumbled.

"Why so?"

"He's mine."

-ˋˏ ༻☕༺ ˎˊ-

12 chapters in and we haven't gotten any action yet... i wonder what will happen next