25. Birthday Boy Explains and The Silver Moon

TIME - 23:51 PM, 22nd April
PLACE - Jeju Apartment
CHARACTER(S) - Huang Renjun, Lee Jeno, Na Jaemin

__________₊°•✮•°₊__________

a/n: another long chapter :]

"It's almost twelve!" Renjun exclaimed. Jeno turned to look at the clock that hung on the wall in front of the trio. He was right, it would turn twelve in nine minutes, which also meant that the date would turn into twenty-three, which meant that Jeno would turn legally twenty and finally find his mate.

Ever since Jeno was a pup, he has always wanted to meet his mate. To him, a mate was someone who he could be himself around, a romantic best friend. Though now there was no hint of excitement among his bundled nerves. 

Some wolves take ages to find their mates and some never find them. The thought of the second possibility happening to the young werewolf frightened him. He couldn't wait for an eternity to find his soulmate! Though he was quite sure it was not likely of it to happen to him. 

Renjun smelt like coffee and peaches. Lately, that scent has become more strong. Commonly, the scent of your mate is very strong and addictive. Of course, the fact that Renjun could be Jeno's mate was only an assumption. Assumptions can be wrong. Not to mention that Renjun didn't know that Jeno was a werewolf.

Speaking of Jeno being a werewolf, Jeno and Jaemin still haven't explained to Renjun why they were stuck in Jeju for God knows how long. 

"Doll?" Jeno called out to which Renjun answered with a small hum. He patted the space beside him on the floor, wanting Renjun to sit beside him. The Chinese however, chose to sit on Jenos lap. Not that either of them minded anyway. But Jaemin surely did.

"You deserve an explanation," Jeno started. Renjun urged him to continue. "So uh... Loverboy and I brought you here so you could be safe... Safe from what exactly? Well... Um... You see... I'm--"

Jeno stopped stammering when Renjun moved closer to him and cupped his face. "What's up emo boy?" he giggled. Ah, that sound never failed to make Jeno melt. Dismissing Jaemins murderous glare, he secured Renjun in place by wrapping his arms around his waist.

With a deep breath, Jeno uttered the words that were stuck to the back of his throat. "I'm a werewolf."

__________₊°•✮•°₊__________

Renjun knew about the rumors that spread among the townsfolk. He's heard plenty of them from behind the counter of the Midnight Cafe.

"A witch cursed my brother!"

"The Grim Reaper stole the soul of my neighbor's uncle!"

"I heard that the howling we hear whenever there's a Silver Moon in the sky is caused by werewolves."

You know, the usual unbelievable gossip. Though Renjun would have never seen himself sitting beside a large gray wolf called Lee Jeno in a tiny apartment in Jeju. The wolf was majestic and elegant-looking in a way. It had blue eyes, black-winged rims around them resembled the eyeliner Jeno would usually wear.

The window was open, letting the damp night air into the apartment. The clouds in the sky moved with the wind, revealing the bright yet pale face of the moon. The moon shone brighter than usual tonight, possibly causing the stars to turn envious.

The Silver Moon, as the townsfolk would call it. It came once every two months. On the night of the full moon, it is said that supernatural creatures would rise to their full power and prowl the streets from dusk 'til dawn.