20. Captured and Traitor

TIME & DATE - 11:24 AM, 13th April
PLACE - Lunar Demons Pack House
CHARACTER(S) - Lee Taeyong, Jung Jaehyun, Lee Jeno, Nakamoto Ryuki

__________₊°•✮•°₊__________

It was the day of the date and Jeno was completely ecstatic. He had been waiting for this day for a long time. His birthday was in ten days and he could feel the mate pull a little stronger now. His heart told him that his mate was Renjun but he was still unsure of it so he decided to wait. 

"Hyung I'm going out to meet a friend!" he called out as he walked through the quiet mansion. It was either the others were doing things in other parts of the house or they're out. "Hold on Jeno," Jaehyun said, popping up from a corner and blocking Jeno's way. "Who are you going to meet?"

"Jaemin, the tutor Taeyong hyung assigned me," the younger lied. Jeno wasn't the best liar, he wasn't a decent one either. So it was only a matter of time before Jaehyun saw through him. 

"Well, that's odd." That was Taeyong. "Jaemin has a class with Johnny right now. Wonder how you two would manage to hang out since his classes only finish at five." 

Jeno had never wanted to bite his hyung's head off this badly. A date with the person he liked a lot was all he wanted, was that too much to ask for? 

Apparently, it was.

"We're waiting for your answer Jeno," Jaehyun said. His voice was deep and ice-cold, pulling Jeno out of his internal battle. He had to act quickly or else--

"You're going to meet that human at the coffee shop aren't you?"

Jeno felt the wind leave his lungs and his throat dry up. "No," he answered a little too quickly, his voice an octave higher than usual. He didn't dare to look at his hyungs. "Chan, Hyunsuk, please bring Jeno to his room and make sure he doesn't leave. We'll discuss the other matters later," Jaehyun ordered. 

"Wait hyung you--"

"There's nothing to explain Jeno. Ryuki told me everything I need to know." Jaehyun dismissed them with a wave of his hand. The youngest, unable to say anything, quietly walked up to his room with Chan and Hyunsuk trailing behind him.

__________₊°•✮•°₊__________

Surprisingly, Jeno hadn't tried to escape. As Taeyong said, he was too much of a coward to actually do anything.

His phone and other gadgets had been confiscated, making it impossible for him to contact anyone outside the mansion. His windows were locked from the outside and they had installed CCTV cameras all around the mansion, including the spots right outside his windows.

Plus, he was quite familiar with Chan and Hyunsuk's strengths. Two against one wasn't the best option for a fight either.

In conclusion, Jeno was stuck in his room, left to be eaten by his guilt.

Renjun's gonna hate me... 

It was past dinner time when Chan had softly knocked on his room door and told him that Jaehyun wanted to see him at his office. 

The young werewolf dragged himself to the other side of the pack house where Jaehyun's office was. He was rather unpleasantly surprised by Ryuki's presence. 

Jeno and Ryuki never had the best relationship. Ryuki was abandoned at their doorstep at the age of nine, making him the last member of the pack to join. The both of them fought over everything, anything, and nothing. Useless fights would break out whenever they were in the same room together, mostly ending up in Johnny manhandling them. 

Maybe the two simply didn't get along because of their similar headstrong personalities, but Jeno knew that Ryuki was dead set on making his life Hell. 

"Well, well, well, isn't it the Casanova who tried to seduce an innocent human?" Ryuki sneered. "Shut it Ryuki," Jeno bit back, his hands balling up into fists as he tried to calm himself down. 

"And why should I hyung?"Ryuki mocked and tilted his head. "W-Will you h-h-hurt me?"

Jeno let out a low growl. Any sane person would have shut up by now but let's just say that Ryuki was simply built different.

"D-Don't do that hyungie. Y-You're scaring poor Ryu," the Japanese mocked once more. 

Jeno was about to pounce on him but the office door opened before he could do anything. 

"Come in boys," Jaehyun said, his face having the same stoic expression he would have whenever he calls anyone to the office.

Jaehyuns office was as large as a small apartment. There were two large glass windows that overlooked the courtyard. The walls were decorated with disturbing oil paintings and odd contraptions. The shelves were lined with thick books and old scrolls. The room was completed with sofas around a small fireplace and a chandelier that hung from the ceiling. 

In short, Jaehyuns office was indeed an interesting place.

Jaehyun gestured the boys to take a seat in front of the fireplace. The young werewolves made sure there was a large gap in between the both of them. 

"Ryuki had informed me about some very interesting things Jeno. Wonder what they might be?"

Jeno resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He stayed quiet so Jaehyun continued.

"He told me that you were seeing a human and I'm quite sure you have something more than friendly feelings for him."

Jeno stared at the fire, unable to look at the older. "You know the rule Jeno, no mating with humans."

The younger remained silent. He knew that if he spoke up, Jaehyun would be quick to turn him down.

In this pack, only Jaehyuns opinions mattered. Of course, he would ask the other pack members what they thought but it wasn't like Jaehyun would take their words into consideration anyway; he was egotistic and narcissistic. The only person he'd melt for is Taeyong, his husband and Luna of their pack.

Jaehyun sighed as Jeno refused to open his mouth.

"The others and I talked," he started.

Well that's a first.

"And we've all agreed that you and Ryuki will mate on this Silver Moon. It lands on your birthday so until then you are forbidden from leaving the pack house."

And just when Jeno thought things couldn't get any worse, it did.

-ˋˏ ༻☕༺ ˎˊ-

everyone say hi to ryuki !!

in this book and my future books, he will play the role as yuta's younger brother (biological or not, we'll never know)

also I trust that you all know the basics about werewolves. in case you dont, there's a book called "all about werewolves" and its written by merakistudio. that's where I got all my info from.

but all that aside, currently screaming over dejun's blue hair and have I talked abt dery's mullet and the pictures he sent on bubble a while ago? AND BLOND YANGYANG AND SICHENGS RECENT POST ON INSTGRAM HELLO????

i smell nct 2021 (or wayv cb idk man)

pls let it be a wayv cb i miss them :/