Chapter 1

Your POV

'Wow... where am I?' I thought to myself as I pondered through this seemingly empty void.

All I could see was white clouds and mist circling all around me. I'm not going to lie... I feel terrified. One second I'm doing fine and then the next, I end up in a place like this. Once I took in my surroundings, I realized in the far distance something peculiar. It looked like a dark figure that roamed the space wearing a black cloak to hide its face.

As I sat and wondered what to do, I decided to approach the figure with caution. This indistinguishable character was hunched over and seemed to be depressed in a standing position. I could only make out the figure to be a person, but as someone I definitely didn't recognize.

Leading myself towards this person made me very anxious and I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. After getting closer to the individual, the location I was in slowly turned into something different. Not only did change persist, but the figure started to walk in a depressing manner towards what looked to be an arch. The place I once thought was creepy turned into something more interesting.

The room slowly transformed as I continued to walk into what looked like a normal day outside. I could feel solid ground and see open fields that blossomed within this place. A path started to form that led straight to the figure and the arch he was approaching. Still the figure continued and didn't stop walking along the path.

I finally had enough of all this weird madness and picked up speed towards this person I've been trying to reach for what seems like hours. The person picked up speed as well, hearing my presence behind them. The chase continued until the figure finally stopped a little ways after the arch and stared at something that was placed in the ground.

After catching up to this person, I saw the arch and noticed it was named in black worn out letters 'The Cemetery'. Once I made it through the cemetery arch, the room changed again, but this time the nice warm breeze started to turn dark. I felt cold liquid touch my forehead as my finger lightly tapped the area.

'Is this rain?' I concluded as I looked up towards the ceiling of the room that circulated dark clouds. It began to pour down rain above the figure and I as we stood in place.

I made my way behind the person's back before realizing that the black cloak started to disappear. It then revealed the person to be a young teenage boy wearing not a cloak, but an old school uniform with a conductor's hat.

Another thing appeared in view right in front of the boy. It looked as if it was a gravestone with a picture and a name written in the stone. The person depicted in the picture was a young teenage girl smiling and the stone was simply titled 'In loving memory of Y/N L/N.'

At that moment, I could feel myself having a big melt down upon looking at that picture.

'Who is that girl?' I thought questioningly, wondering what was going on.

Suddenly, I realized the young boy started to weep in sadness over this person whom I assumed to be a special human being to him. He fell to his knees and looked down at his hands.

"I wish I could've saved you my love," the boy silently said to himself.

I honestly felt sad and lost during this unfolding scene I just witnessed.

'I wish I could hug him and tell him everything is alright. However, I don't know who I am or what is really going on.' I thought to myself in a more solemn way.

"I can help answer that question for you." I heard a booming voice behind me say.

I turned around to be faced with another figure, but this time he was in white cloth and showed only half of his face. His eyes were covered by the draped hooded cloth above his head and his voice was low with a mysterious vibe that surrounded the man.

"Greetings young miss, I am the ghost keeper of the void. My duty is to help lost souls find their way to rest in peace. How may I be of service to you?" The man replied in a more calming tone while asking his simple question.

I instantly freaked out and held my hands to my face. I looked down at myself and realized that I started to float like a ghost. Not only did that happen, but I noticed my faded fingertips that spread across my hands along with being dressed in a white gown. I glanced up at the man and replied with a scared expression across my face.

"I'm a ghost?! How is that possible!" I spoke aloud in fright over my current situation.

The man turned to stare at my response with a pondered look. It was like he didn't understand my situation.

"Do you not remember what happened in your previous life?" The ghostly man asked the frightened girl.

"No... I have no recollection of what happened, who I am, or how I supposedly died." I replied to his question with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

The ghost keeper stood astonished at my answer. He acted as if he had not dealt with something like this before. He claimed he could help me be put to rest but I feel like there is a lot that needs to be finished first.

Void Keeper's POV

I'll be honest... I've never had a case like this before. Most ghosts I've dealt with already know their backstory on how they died and who they were when they were living. Normally that alone can help me do my job with putting them to rest. However, this is a special occasion... she's lost all of her memories.

I feel bad for the ghost girl and it's my responsibility to help her out.

"Do you remember anything at all before passing on to this life?" I decided to ask the girl to see if there was anything I could do or spark a sudden memory.

"I can't recall anything at the moment. All I can say is that when I first arrived here I had a vision of this young teenage boy that was depressed. He was about my age and was crying in a cemetery over a girl whose name was Y/N L/N." She began to explain as I quickly realized how much knowledge she didn't know about herself.

I decided to think more outside the box. Here I have a case of a ghost who doesn't know anything about herself and needs serious guidance. I honestly pity the girl and I want to help her the best way I know how to in this situation.

"How about this... I have another power that might be of some assistance to you." I finally decided to reveal it to her.

I could tell her mood started to change instantly. I'm trying to give her the hope of getting her memories back.

"While it is true I can guide ghosts to the afterlife, I can also give them a second chance to make amends for what they've done in the past. However, in your case, you have no recollection of the past, so there will be a price to pay," I calmly explained to her.

"What's the price?" she asked with a puzzled look.

"I'm not going to ask for much. However, you will have to find the reason why you died. If you fail to complete this task, then you will be stuck in the void for all of ghostly eternity and your opportunity to rest in peace will be tarnished." I explained while warning her of the dangers that come with taking certain deals.

After explaining how the price has to be paid, she has the power to decide what the best route is for her. I just hope whatever she decides will help her in the end.

Your POV

The void keeper gave me this wonderful opportunity to get my memories back. However, I know there is a price to pay and I need to be cautious when making this deal. I know he has good intentions, so I feel that I'm going to have to take the risk.

"Alright, I'll do it. I accept the terms and conditions to this deal." I answered with confidence.

I'll be honest, I can't wait to experience my old life once again. This is going to be exciting! However, before proceeding with the plans, the ghost keeper had one last thing to say.

"I'm glad to be of service to you. Use your time wisely and good luck." He replied in contentment.

As quick as he mentioned those remarks, I was out in a flash and darkness consumed me once again.