Chapter 5

Your POV

"Did you miss me honorable number seven?" A voice asked as a man appeared from the now disappearing mist.

Once things calmed down, I could get a better glimpse of the mysterious man that suddenly appeared before our very eyes.

He wore what seemed to be a white lab coat with a scarf and had gray toned pants that covered parts of his shoes. The man had short white hair and narrow eyes that could pierce anyone's soul. He also had glasses on and fanged teeth that could be deadly if anyone dared to touch them.

Just looking at him is terrifying enough, but to hear his low toned voice, made me tremble with fear.

That was until Hanako finally broke the tension and said something with a smirk on his face.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up. It's been awhile, Tsuchigomori." Hanako announced with a pleased tone.

"Of course, it's been far too long, honorable number seven. I thought I felt a disturbance occurring in my library and my hunch was right. Now might I ask who decided to come in here and destroy my library?" He asked with a slightly unpleasant and angry look in his eyes.

He glared at Nene and I, thinking that we were the culprits to the problem. Which he wasn't entirely wrong, but unfortunately we all played a part in the destruction.

I felt like the most responsible one of the group and decided to confess that everything was my fault.

"Mr. Tsuchigomori, sir. I just wanted to say that everything was entirely my fault. The only reason why we were here in the first place was to find my book that contained my past memories. I'm very sorry for what happened to your library." I leaned forward with my book in hand at my sides as a form of my apology.

I then felt a hand touch my shoulder as I glanced up to find its owner. It was Nene's hand signifying that she had something to say.

"Y/N isn't the only one to blame. I was the one who went past the red pages in my own book. My curiosity got the best of me and I overstepped what I was supposed to be doing. If I hadn't been stupid, then none of this would've happened." Nene confessed to everyone to try and make me feel better.

"Nene, you aren't stupid. We both just made poor decisions and that's okay. Thanks for the backup though." I replied to Nene's plea towards Tsuchigomori.

She gave me a grin and nodded to my response. We continued with our apology until we heard someone clear their throat.

We both turned to see Tsuchigomori thinking about everything we said and how he would determine his next move. I could tell he wanted something in return for all the destruction caused to the library. However, he seemed to look at Hanako with caution.

I looked back at Hanako giving him the biggest death stare ever. It almost looked just as frightening as Tsuchigomori's appearance.

As Hanako stopped locking eyes with Tsuchigomori, he noticed me staring at him and returned back to his goofy charmed expression.

"I would recommend you go easy on them number five. I was with them the whole time and never actually mentioned anything regarding the dangers of the books. If you want to be mad at someone, then take your anger out on me." Hanako said, lifting his knife up to show that he was being serious.

Tsuchigomori stood there watching Hanako get in his fighting position. However, instead of him doing the same thing, he began to laugh.

'Why is he laughing? Did one of us make him laugh?' I thought to myself as I continued to be dumbfounded by the situation.